Garrison Branch

Aurora's POV

"Jacob Sinclair, as in Jacob who is one... if not the most well-known hunter within our land?" implored Mr.Eagle with his right brow from shock having his icy blue eyes swell with astonishment resting behind his black glasses.

Hearing Mr.Eagle's sudden response left me somewhat highly conflicted, causing my brain to twirl and ponder about whether or not his reaction should be taken with pride......or suspicion..... 

Hmmm....Papa has never mentioned Mr.Eagle before, and knowing how proudly Papa can be especially being friends with someone famous, Papa would have mentioned him? More so Papa would have bought and read to us Mr.Eagle's stories when we were children...

But maybe I'm overthinking this.

If Papa knows Commander Shadis, then it's most likely he knows other great people as well, hence why people would known the Sinclair last name.

Coming to the conclusion, I felt a sudden gush of happiness overflow my system which was released through a bright smile since Papa and his ethics where well recognized.

"Yes, sir!" I replied happily giggling during the process. "That is my Papa!"

Erwin on the other hand fell completely stoned and stiff as though his body was turned into stone. Something about Mr.Eagle's question or perhaps Papa's title gave Erwin to believe in suspicion......

"Hmmm.." Mr.Eagle replied, quietly analyzing the information to himself.

Mr.Eagle didn't respond as I thought he would. I was thinking he would be rather optimistic and cheery knowing I was the daughter of a hunter who goes outside these walls, and we could talk about the wonders and mysteries that lie over these concrete walls.

I too took the moment to study quietly to myself...but I was thinking about Stephen and all the possibilities why he didn't react the way I thought he would...

What if he doesn't like the idea that only certain people are eligible to go outside these walls and explore the unknown....and he is permitted to.

I again re-thought the idea, staring into his magnificent crystal blue eyes.

But I wouldn't label Mr.Eagle as the jealous type....forget what I thought earlier...he has to be linked to Papa somehow.

A Few Hours Later

A couple of hours pass by, and to my surprise, it was Erwin that couldn't keep his mouth shut! Never in my wildest dreams would I imagined Erwin Smith actually keeping a well-rounded conversation and most importantly eager to talk as much as a beaver.

Stefin and Erwin had discussed about our monarchy, going on about some laws that are in the process of being made, which I easily tuned out that conversation for its just a bunch of hocus pocus to me. What I also remembered from the whole conversation was Erwin's Long-Distance Plan.

Erwin raved about his plan with so much enthusiasm and hope, that I was praying that Mr.Eagle wouldn't be so ignorant as Shadis was, hastily turning down his idea without even a proper test....but thankfully my prayer was answered for Stefin was more impressed than I was.

I swear I was so shocked to see Erwin so actively engage himself in a conversation my mouth was dangling like a sweaty dog after a run, but in all honesty, I was exceeding delighted to see Erwin in a state of peace and happiness all I could do was gain satisfaction from his enjoyment.

It meant so much to me knowing that Erwin really trusts Mr.Eagle if he's opening himself up to him as a red rose in the spring, smoothly and effortlessly.