Elourea's First Birthday.

Aurora's POV

One Year Later

Erwin and I are both alive and healthy standing at the age of twenty-two years old, and yet only to be engaged...

During these past twelve months the Survey Corps has been the reason for the setback of our wedding. The joyous celebration where Erwin and I can finally profess our love for one another but most importantly declare our undying love towards one another.

I tried battling this demise of Erwin's duty, hoping to pull him away from the endless amounts of files stacked like apples on his desk, with some playful attitude and exciting adventures such as horse riding or even to stroll in the moonlight, alas... I've failed way too many times to count my defeat...but today is going to be different I'm sure of it!

I figured that I have always approached Erwin after dinner time, instead why not approach him during mid-day, where he can't say no to this...

This exact moment on Erwin's schedule was precisely the time where he would drift far away from his responsibilities with rewarding himself by fixing a bland bitter cup of coffee to energize himself too.

I gently grab the doorknob to twist it clockwise, and then I slowly push open the door that leads me to the main section where Shadis and all of his Squad Leaders discuss business.

The conference room.

I pop my head through the opening of the door, making sure I was not interrupting anything as I spot my surroundings.

My eyes glimpse every corner and section of the perimeter to see everything clearly.

Once my eyes fully synchronized the location and notice no one was present, I slowly enter the room closing the door behind me.

Hmmm that's funny...I thought Erwin comes here to sit and enjoy a nice warm cup of coffee.

My feet softly glide all around the floorboard taking me to every corner of the premises until my eyes marked what I was looking for.

There in the corner by the large glass arched window stood three brown leather armchairs that were all positioned to face each other to form a circle.

The armchair with its back facing me had a large head with blonde locks occupying its skin that was resting on it comfortably.

I instantly recognize this man just from the back of his head, which encouraged my heart to skip a beat because just the thought of him brings me so much happiness.

Erwin!

I quickly skip over towards him like a little girl about to adopt a puppy, with excitement and joy powered in my blood because the man I so much adore is finally going to have a conversation about our wedding...........but as my body reached the front section of him my eyes caught a glimpse of his appearance.

Erwin was helplessly sleeping in the armchair with his arms sprawled out, dangling off the armchair with a book lying wide open on the floor...telling me he was reading.

His dazzling blue eyes were shut closed and his mouth was open with drool drizzling down both corners of his mouth. His meaty legs were spread wide open but shielding his thighs and crotch where hand handwritten papers scattered all over them.

The moment my green eyes landed on his restless body my heart began to crumble with intense pain.

The man I love places all of his energy and effort into the Survey Corps which leaves him mentally drained and too exhausted to go on.....