A Twisted Truth

Erwin's POV

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Dear son Erwin,

You are the stars to my moon and I will forever love you till death due us part. 
My heart aches with agony knowing this letter may be the final one I write to you my son. My little boy has finally become a man of twenty-years-old.
There is only so much advice and wisdom I can give to you because the rest is in your hands. You decide your fate, and you make your own path. Destiny does not control your life, only the life choices you've decided on can lead you to your future.....
I want to turn the time back and discuss with you about a promise I made when you turned fifteen. I promised once you came of age any questions about your Mother I would tell you, but instead I found the courage to write out my thoughts instead of telling you.
I want to tell you the story how I fell in love with your mother, but also what happened.
Your mother's name was Serafina, she was ordinary when it came to appearance, brown hair the color of a tree's log, skin white as snow, but eyes blue as the summer's sky, every time I look at you I see her.
Serafina gave her heart to the Survey Corps and served under the hand of my father and your grandfather Hugo Smith. As time progressed we learned about each other's interest, hobbies, but most of all aspiring for the same hopes and dreams to live purified these walls I feel in love with a solider.
It took me many years to build the courage to ask Serafina's hand in marriage, but she had no trouble accepting my request.
On the fourteen of October we were blessed with the birth of a blonde haired boy, stunning as a sky full of stars  we decided to name him Erwin because we knew the moment you were born into this world, you were going to impact our lives and many others around... and rest assured our prediction was correct, because you brought the both of us nothing but happiness.
Everything was perfect we had peace and
harmony in the family......but that only stayed for about one year.
Serafina was murdered inside of the Survey Corps Headquarters with her neck slit open by a blade, bleeding to death on the floor to drown in her own blood, while her mouth, arms and legs where all tied with rope, leading me to one indicated that there was more than one murderer.
I'm not sure what happened all I can do is theorized. She was at the wrong place at the wrong time. People lash out on fear when under pressure, she must have seen or heard something that was secretive.
Endless of theories I've crafted, but only Serafina could answer what really happened that night, but one thing is for certain the love of my life was killed for a secret to die with her.
Now, my child...you have been exposed to the most devastating information that has haunted me ever since her death, but you also deserved to know the good things about your mother and her hopes and dreams.
Always she dreamt about living on a farm with dozens of animals to take care of. Pigs, horses, goats, cows, chickens, lambs she wanted them all.
She would also rave about having a large family together since both of her parents died when she was very young. She never experienced what it's like having two normal loving parents. Her ideal picture of a perfect family was having two girls and one boy.
Her dreams and passion influenced me, I wanted to make her happy by living her dream. I was saving every coin possible and taking on multiple jobs just trying to give her want she desired...having a big family while living on a farm., but with all the sweat, I'd pour trying to reach our goal, never we had enough money to move and start a life together. The only thing I could grant my beloved was conceiving a child...a little boy, who she poured her heart and soul making sure you were alright and cared for.
I'm sure by this age my boy, you understand life is unpredictable. There is no guarantee of what the future holds in store... I never pictured myself standing here today as a second-grade school teacher supporting my little boy who is my life and joy.
Erwin my son, I love you more than you could ever imagine...I hope one day you'll experience the everlasting love between a Father and a Son, or even the chance to spend the rest of your life with a woman by your side.