First Expedition

Aurora's POV

After three long years of dedication and training this was what I worked for, venturing out of our sanctuary to explore the suicidal land, but a world consisting of no walls and your desire to explore is limitless.

Shadis's had an idea to build a base outside of the sacred walls in hopes to have a middle ground, though the problem is the location was creeping with titans like termites in a tree log and our job was to start cleansing them out of the forest like swatting cockroaches on the floorboard.

I didn't know whether to feel amazed from the nature surrounding me since tree's where tall as clouds and flowers ranged like a rainbow, or terrified since this was my first ever expedition and I have no idea what to expect because I was only told stories.....never experiencing them.

You can do this Aurora, I am given the easiest part of the titan to slay, and make sure to follow my leaders command and don't disobey orders.

Over and over I repeated to myself hoping to ease my nerves, but the longer my horse raced more fear clouded my gaze making me feel as though I was trying to see through sun light from fear doubting me, but then I diverted my attention towards my friends.

Mike, Nanaba, Moblit, Hanji, Lynne, Gelgar and most of all Erwin, all as focused as a snipper with their gaze locked dead head like a compass displaying complete strength I felt a sudden wave of ease filter in my veins to see their level of confidence.

My friends are so wonderful, and strong! Maybe one day I be as amazing as they are!

The more I thought about my friends accomplishments a smile begins to grow along my lips.....until my horse had tripped on something causing him to come tumbling down like rocks down a mountain leaving me to be rocketed off the saddle to feel weightless for a solid second, reaching the ground skid the surface feeling pain slam against my side as roughly as though an axe had chomped me, spiking fear to flicker back on from the sudden change.

What?!

I was laying on my side on the ground like a worm, spotting the entire army of soldiers continuing to zoom as fast as fly, and within a blink of an eye I was all alone in the forest dead like meat feeling my stomach drop to the bottom of my abdomen from fear.

"OH NO!" I cried scrambling back onto my feet, feeling my heart pound from panic thumping my chest so hard I thought my ribs where cracked, rushing to my stallion to see him picking himself up as slow as a snail to rise back on his four legs waiting with anticipation to mount him since I needed to get back.

Hurry hurry!

Once my stallion rose to his feet, I fling my self back on board to feel the coarse saddle secure my thighs, whipping it's reins to start back up where he begins to trot forward to feel the summer's breeze dance through my skin, and once I was regaining more security question began to ponder my head as brutally as getting hit by a bat.

I don't understand, horses never trip? It must have been huge what he tripped on.

Curious to know why my horse had fallen I then look over my shoulder only to see a huge hand as big as a boulder inches away from my nose leaving fear to prick my veins knowing it was a titan's hand but boosting adrenaline to rush at me, leaping out from my saddle dodging the titan's sudden grasp feeling hot sweat ooze my spine from the sudden surprise.