A Compromise

Erwin's POV

After all my time serving and slaving myself into the military and especially this branch I've finally gained the most superior title of them all, and by far the greatest accomplishments in my records.

Commander.

I've been yearning for this title for quite some time for various motives such as power and authority, but majority wise I can play this game however I please, testing strategies without having to seek approval and the most triumphant of all.....I get to command my soliders at my will.

Anything I think or believe can become a reality, all within reason of course.

Yes as profitable as this new position was it all seemed to go be glorious, but like all circumstances, there are always contraries and this matter was rather a handful.

I was handed down a branch as weak and starving like a village without any crops to survive the brutal winter. Dozens of soliders were deceased, diminishing our numbers by nearly triple, and the only ones who managed to survive were the elite ones....

I had to start and build this branch from the very ground up like growing a garden, I first needed to find the perfect area to begin digging, meaning a captain and squad leaders were the starters of growing my garden. Once these positions were filled I could plant the various soldiers in the suitable subsection and with the proper guidance and command those vegetables would evolve into a prosperous harvest.

I needed a plan more so time to create the perfect agenda, anointing the suitable position to the correct soldier, and to guide my field of vegetables I needed to start off by presenting myself as a fundamental farmer who knew what my soldiers needed.

Recovery.

I declared the remaining men and women of this branch the entire week off, allowing the soldiers to return to the loss of families from the breech or needing to cope with the trauma of seeing faces of death flash before their eyes.

Spending this time off I decided to formulate my military, and before solving the various issues of this branch. I needed to establish a second in command. Captain, and then I could assemble squad leaders and their teams.

There is only one man that comes to mind who could fit the description of Captain because let alone his skills are perfect....

Levi Ackerman.

This soldier has champion like strength and his blood pumps the energy of a god, he's courageous and brave enough to never give up and I know his ability fits the job description perfectly...... except for obeying commands.

This is an aspect I needed to mend, our tension between us, and I believed it was time to make amends and address the bitterness Levi and I exchange for each other.

It's a known fact not everyone can get along, personalities clash, or we are jealous of others but this isn't an alliance to all get along. Everyone signed to serve their hearts to this branch, and we are here to fight and get the job done, to start a new world and explore beyond those concrete walls.

I was given this position to advance further beyond my dream.

It's what I promised Aurora......

To live outside these walls, and I'll do everything in my power to please the love of my life.

Currently, I was preserved in the Commander's office having the benefit of my own workspace allowing me the privacy and privilege to think in peace without any disturbance. It was one of the most rewarding gains from this position, but with all great championships comes great responsibilities. ......