I Can't Give Up

Aurora's POV

Last night might not have been one of my greatest ideas, since the whole time it consisted of Levi picking on Erwin, or Erwin picking on Levi, but thankfully the fighting was just verbal, but I sensed knives were thrown through the glares exchanged between the blonde and black.

Since Erwin and Levi were so trapped in their match, this gave me the perfect chance to engage more with Isabel and Furlan!

Recently with these two teenagers, it's been nothing but a hassle, but thankfully our environment was more relaxed, allowing me to learn about what makes Isabel Magnolia her, and Furlan Church him.

Isabel wasn't too optimistic about her past life, but she was spontaneous about telling me her dream. She told me that Levi wants to open a tea shop selling herbs, and since Isabel is more of a coffee drinker she wants to rival her brother by opening a coffee shop next door.

Isabel also told me that when she has lived her life long enough and becomes an old lady, she's gonna move into the house she bought and adopt every possible kitty in the slums.....meaning tens to hundreds of cats roaming in her house and feeding them milk.

Furlan on the other hand didn't have many dreams, instead, his life was inspired more by his hobby, painting.
Furlan told me that he found his inspiration when he was nine slumming the streets of Shiginima district and saw a painter illustrate on his canvas a female's back profile with her long wavy brown hair being the main focus.
Instantly this sparked Furlans's interest in painting because the woman reminded him of his mother....

Furlan told me even though he couldn't afford paintbrushes to explore his imagination, he would often find leftovers in the trashcans.....and sometimes resort to stealing them....

Hearing Isabel's story instantly brought me happiness, but as for Furlan I felt a little gloomy hearing how he struggled.....but the main priority here was realizing how comfortable those two were on telling me something personal....meaning all this time we've spent together and the kindness I've shown them has made an impact like Erwin said....

As interested I was in these two teenagers, strangely enough, they expressed the same energy. Furlan and Isabel both questioned, what inspires me.

It was no brainer what made me happy, since he was standing inches away.....but I'm not entirely sure they want to hear all the fluff and passion I have for Erwin, instead I told them about my other side of me.

Curiosity.

I explained to and raved to them about my dream of someday living outside these walls in freedom and peace, and how this dream of mine made a major contribution as to why I joined the Survey Corps in the first place.

Throughout the whole time expressing my passion for freedom and my dream, I somehow felt like a mother towards these two.

Furlan and Isabel both stared at me with eyes as large a lemons, juiced with fascination and furthermore they refused to break contact the whole time.
Those two teens reminded me how a small puppy would listen when acquiring new information. Full attention and ears wide open.....

Strangely enough, they weren't the only ones listening to my storytelling.....the moment my lips parted open allowing my voice to soothe the room it instantly caused the bickering between the eyebrows and dwarf to vanished as promptly as snapping your fingers.....
It was eyebrows who remained quiet the most trying to listen what his lover was saying.....giving him no more reason to instigate the dwarf.

I had many factors causing me to worry about tonight's dinner, but thankfully everything seemed to have settled and played out once the chicken and dumplings were cooked..