A Bitter Truth.

Aurora's POV

After so many countless conversations with Grandma Smith spluttering vulgar and sour words through her thin lips, all of those excruciating moments seemed to be worth the pain. In the end, I was gaining something far more valuable than gold or any precious gems...

I was getting the grand prize, her grandson.

From the moment Grandma Smith accepted our engagement, everything that I feared and worried about was in the past. Nothing would interfere with us being married. Both families have happily accepted our choice in our spouse...

This is all that Erwin and I wanted....just to be happy, and now we finally can because we have the people who we truly love, supporting our decisions. Family even all our friends.

When Papa called Erwin to go outside with him for a moment, I could easily sense Papa was anxious about something? I just hope it wasn't Erwin who displeased him in any sort of way?

Once Papa and Erwin drifted outside, Mama instantly placed her hand on my right shoulder which undoubtedly grabbed my full attention.

Her dazzling blue eyes were drenched in water which sparkled from the sun's rays, but she wore such a radiant smile of joy that resembled the sun.

"Aurora....." she begun with tender eyes. "I couldn't be anymore prouder of you than right now." Mama's tears gracefully flowed down her cheek splashing onto the floor. "You are serving your country well, and you've managed to pick an extraordinary man to spend the rest of your life with."

Seeing Mama become so emotional over my engagement with the man I love easily made my heart ache knowing this is how much my mother loved me...

I don't deserve a mother whose so supportive and loving over my every decision. Not once did she question or fought with me going into the military...most importantly she approves of Erwin!

"Mama.." I pulled her into a bear hug, having our necks rest upon our shoulders and our arms softly wrapped around our backs.

Once our skins were rubbed against each other more powerful emotions were being infused in my blood, just by a simple hug.

Mama silently wept on my shoulder in tears of joy because she was truly happy that her daughter chose such an amazing man, and not to mention because of him...I'm alive.

She expresses her love by tightly gripping my back, showing me she was emotional but not too excessive.

I truly love Mama...I hope someday when Erwin and I will start having children, I'll behave the same way as Mama did to me. Gentleness, caring, understanding and most importantly I want my children to feel loved by their Mother and Father...
I want them to grow up with the same happiness as I, having both parents who have enteral love for their babies.

Grandma Smith watched the two of us with a calm smile. Her dazzling blue eyes focused on the bondage of a mother and daughter....how strong our love and affection were for each other...

Once Mama and I both released all our heated emotions through a hug, we both seemed to pass the teary state as we quickly jump right back into our optimistic personalities.

"Aurora." began Mama with a cheerful smile. "Have you decided what dress you will be wearing at your wedding?" she asked with a smile.

Oh, here we go. I know exactly what she is planning.

"Mama..." I whined cutely like a puppy. "Erwin just proposed last night!" I explain with rosy cheeks remembering every moment and most importantly his smile when I said yes...