The Ring.

Erwin's POV

My entire body stops like a broken clock. All the functions that are vital inside a human being have stopped operating on its task, for the words that passed my Grandmother's lips were everything I wanted and ever needed.

After many bitter-sweet years living with Grandmother, Grandma Smith has looked beyond her grouchy ways towards Aurora and seem to realize a great matter a stake.....My happiness.

Her blessing will not only put Aurora's mind at ease, but also has given me comfort that my flesh and bone approves of a choice I made. Marrying the woman I love.

Not only did Grandmother's blessing gave ease to our minds, but also the blessing impacted Grandma Smith's mood. It was as though a burden had been released from her shoulders once she realized I wanted to marry a woman because for so many years she questioned if I was mentally and physically okay from my Father's death....

The last time I saw my Grandmother express a genuine smile was when Father was alive.....but from Aurora's and I's engagement, it equally brought her instant joy because she knew her Grandson fell in love, but the kind of love which is eternal and last forever.

From Grandmother's sudden genuine and luminous smile, her reaction suddenly took me back to a time where the Grandma Smith I knew was as sweet as a lollipop and as caring as a mother lamb.

It was a time where Father was alive and I just turned seven...

These types of memories were glued into your brain.

At the beginning of summer when school just let out, Father and I would spend the summer here at Grandmother's house.

I remember so vividly when we would arrive here at Grandmother's house she would smother me with numerous but affectionate kisses that forever changed my perception.

Every time Father and I would visit, she had baked flesh warm fluffy pastries just coming out from the oven for us to eat.

The smile shining on Grandma Smith's face was the exact one when Father was alive.

My seven-year-old self had no idea those moments would soon perish....but the ashes fallen seem to regenerate having a woman who loves me as large as the sky.

Aurora released a cry of joy cupping her hand over her mouth, from the instant relief and joy rushing into her blood.

Hearing Grandmother finally act like a reasonable adult, I too felt a great relief being lifted from my shoulder, as it was released through a low sigh.

I was positive Aurora was far more reviled about Grandma Smith's blessing than I was. Aurora was so worried and anxious that Grandmother wouldn't accept us as a couple, and knowing her she would have worked herself up to death about not gaining the confirmation, because I know Aurora and her intentions...she wants the best for me and wants to give me everything, and it would have eaten her up if Grandma said no because she would assume she's the problem...

Little did Aurora know I would marry her without the consent of my Grandmother, but thankfully we did not have to explore that route.

Aurora still had her hands covering her mouth, as graceful tears of water escape her beautiful green eyes. The pressure of gaining approval, wanting to get married wish has been fullied.

I release a calm smile, seeing everything that I predicted had come true.

There was nothing to fear or worry about....but that's what I admire about her.
Her worry and fear tell me how much she cares about me.