Edwin's First Birthday

Erwin's POV

The Following Morning

"Waahhhh! Waahhhh! WAhhh!" Eustace cried as helplessly as an injured rabbit caught in a snare, instantly seizing my attention to aid my son. I insert both my hands into his crib to grasp his fragile torso as lightly as picking up a flower to reposition Eustace to lay over my shoulder like a towel where my palm started to pat his back in hopes to help all his gases would be released.

I heard the pain in my son's voice, and that's why I knew he needed help releasing gas, but other cries I've heard are more quiet and muffled which indicate Eustace is scared or hungry.

Eustace would constantly release cries like hearing raindrops bullet a window, antagonized with pain he sounded as though he had broken something, only prohibiting my hand to thump his back faster to help ease the pain.

This life can be cruel at times because the moment we are born, we have to learn everything either by mistake or experience it. Babies don't know how to release gasses in their bodies that's why they are crying all the time......and not to mention the gases released are rather intense and they are not used to it.

I have pity for my son because it's a hard learning process to grasp, but thankfully I can be here to help him.

I was orbiting side to side feeling as though I was in a rocking chair from my sways to help relieve my son, and as my hand continued to pound against his back it felt as though I was hitting a ball with a paddle, finally hearing a faint cough and groan escape from my son's lips . "Aaahhhh.", to feel instant satisfaction soothe me since all his crying had stopped and I knew he was cured.

Good, now I can go aid my love.

Pleased to know my son was mended, I remove him from my shoulder to transfer him into my arms feeling his tiny body frame the size of a cucumber nest along my forearm, giving me the privilege to gaze upon the innocence relaxed in my son melting a smile along my lips admiring the production of my love I had conceived with Aurora.

No matter how many times you are in pain or need care I will always be there for you. You are the reason why I want to fight.

More passion and love flourished in me the more I stared at my little cucumber snoozing in my arms as peacefully as a dove, allowing ease to soothe my veins I thought I was floating on clouds to gaze at my offspring, until a foul scent had bucked against my nose as abruptly as a getting kicked, smelling as disgusting as an old egg and sour like milk I felt vomit crawl up my throat from the sudden whiff.

I know what happened to all those gasses then.

"It looks like someone needs a change." I mention passing a light chuckle amused by how one problem can lead to the next more than delighted to aid Eustace, and the moment I finished my sentence Eustace's lips as small as a blueberry curved into a smile as luminous as a star.

"Hehe..." Eustace giggled as adorable as hearing a little pink oinking, exposing his eyes as astonishing as a peacock feather, fascinating me more with love and devotion for my son.

Incredible how he recognizes my voice. It shows me the amount of love I put into spending time with him creates a stronger bond.

Everything can relate to this, how much effort you put in determines your reward at the end.

One Hour Later

"Rory, Erwin! What a delightful surprise!" tweeted Mr.Magnus as cheery as hearing a little chicken peep, though his optimistic greeting couldn't extinguish my flame torching from wrath.