Marriage

Erwin's POV

Five Weeks Later

After a refreshing long getaway staying at the Sinclair's cottage, it had to come to an end, forcing all my stress and problems to be restored....but to a delightful surprise Mr. and Mrs.Sinclair wanted to prolong their visit coming back to Hermina with us for a couple of reasons one of which is the very moment I was participating in.

Mr.Sinclair and Mrs.Sinclair both wanted to apologize to a friend they both have scarred, but like everyone who starts a journey needs a little bit of encouragement. Aurora as sweet and gentle as a bambi humbly accompanied her parents, forcing me to tag along because I didn't want anyone specifically Jack harming my precious swan.

The five of us including, my son were all right outside Jack's death bed. Edwin tiny as a pumpkin was cuddled in my wife's arm as peacefully as a dove and soundless as water, though Mr and Mrs. Sinclair spun with anxiety, eyes bulged out from alarm looking as terrified as though a titan was behind that lock, even I noticed Mr.Sinclair's lower lip started to quiver up and down repeatedly like a pair of fake teeth winded up.

"Don't worry Papa." encouraged Aurora with a voice as lustrous as hearing a harp strung, while her eyes sparkled like an emerald looking as soft as butter from bliss swimming in her pulis. ""Everyone needs this, especially Jack."

Mr.Sinclair gulped as heavily as though he had swallowed a dried up piece of clay, refusing to speak only nodding his head up and down in the motion of a seesaw to reveal his acceptance.

Mrs.Sinclair floated her hand to grasp the doorknob, turning the knob clockwise to unlatch the lock concealing my old instructor that long ago he used to be scary that titan's themselves.

Right away everyone had followed Aurora's lead like ducklings, leaving me to close the door behind making me feel as though I was just here as a guard just in case knives would get thrown or worse.....if Aurora was in trouble.

Jack laid in his bed looking as stiff and solid as a porcelain doll. His cranium was propped up from pillows resting at the head of the backboard with a posture as straight as though a ruler was punctured to his spine, even his legs remained straight and slim as a river stream.....but the most depressing image was his face.

His facial muscles were slumped down and sunken with misery looking as melted as a waxy candle under a flame, displaying his loss of life and how quickly his sickness was killing him. His eyes remained fastened on the window outside peering at the youth roaming the city, though his pupils where diluted and dissolved like salt mixed with water from gloom, I felt pity to see Jack suffer this bad.

His body was deteriorating along with his will to live.

"Jack?" gasped Mrs.Sinclair sounding as breathless as though she had climbed a pack of stairs, shielding her mouth with her palm from shock. "Is that really you?"

Jack solidify as a gravel instantly dismembered from alarm, diverting his gaze to meet Erica's only to see his sadness harden as a rock, shooting a glare as deadly as a rifle only prompted more reason to be alert since I knew from the very start resentment and anger would be thrown out.

"No...." Jack answered as roughly as hearing a bullet shoot out from a firearm, his pupils the color of a coffee bean become stiffened like marble. "That man you once knew died long ago." he finalized as strongly as hearing lightning strike the ground, returning his gaze to stare at the window refusing to make eye contact.

Hmmm..... an interesting reaction.

It seems as though as much as the Sinclair's have damaged Jack he doesn't want to deal with them......