Time Is Ticking...

Aurora's POV

One Year Later

After another year of pouring my blood, sweat and tears into training finally it had come to an end, and as thankful as I was knowing I could improve my strengths and ability I was relieved not only for the break, but furthermore it meant
one less year to meet graduation where I could fight for my dream. As excited as I was for completing a new year, there was as one factor that struck me down.

Rico Brzenska. Rico was graduating this year and leaving the training grounds to enter Garrison which I'm sure they'll be more grateful to have a solider like her than Rico needing Garrison.

Sadly not everyone could attention the graduation ceremony of Rico's since majority of my class didn't aquatint themselves with the upper class, but that didn't stop us.

Nanaba, Hanji and myself where all standing in the grounds with the other students, all waiting in anticipation to hear who graduated the top of their class.

"First of your class is Henning!" declared Jack with a voice as strict as a decreed, scrolling through the list of names through his clipboard, while a tall white male had reached Jack's side.

"Number two is Rico Brzenska." Jack hollered his brown eyes remained on the clipboard to proceed with the following students, as the shortest female in our league stood at the front labeled as number two of her class.

That's my best friend!

A smile beams across my lips from excitement, feeling as lifted as a kite knowing all of Rico's hard work had finally been achieved, leaving me to do what I do best.

Screaming.

"YASSSSS THAT'S MY QUEEN!" I screamed from the top of my lungs, laughing in the process from excitement as my palms clapped back and forth like a fan, cheering Rico on to let her know how proud I was.

"Woo-hooo!" praised Nanaba and Hanji together like a harmonica, lips formed into a bright smile of joy while their hands passed a thumbs up of approval.

The moment I heard Rico's number I instantly tuned out the rest of the names, bedazzled how the shortest girl in her entire class managed to graduate number two.......the the names I only heard were listed shortly.

"There Ian Dietrich, fourth Mitabi Jarnach, and five Hannes."

There stood the only female in the top five, short as a shrimp and tiny as a twig with her round glasses stuck on her nose, inspiring me more to grind harder and continue my journey on being a soldier, and hopefully, I'll be something worth wild like Rico Brzenska.

I am so happy for Rico...she' s going to make such a huge change in Garrison.

My smile continues to shine across my lips thinking about Rico's achievements and accomplishments, and the longer I stared at her light blue as cool and icy like a popsicle the more dazed I was becoming to stare at a four foot soldier.

They are a lucky branch to have someone so persistent and hard working.....

Rico will do wonders for the military.......I'm just gonna miss her.

Jack had quickly wrapped up the ceremony quicker than a blink of an eye, only recognizing
strongest from his group of students......the rest would go unnoticed and undetected since in reality, only the top of the class can make a difference in this life.

"RICO, RICO, RICO! Hanji shouted as cute as a little kitten meowing, bolting herself towards Rico as fast as lightening where she found herself on top of her like a flying squirrel.