Baby Number Two

Erwin's POV

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK, loudly banged the door as eerie as hearing a heartbeat pulse from an open flesh, firing irritation to sizzle in me as repeatedly as a mosquito bite from the sudden intrusion giving me every reason to ignore the loud racket since last night was a negative reminder on having children.

The entire night wailed in lightning, swatting the ground so powerfully it sounded like a stampede of horses charging across the field even I felt the strikes of thunder vibrate throughout the floorboard. Raindrops bulleted at the window to sound like gunshots being fired scaring my son with fear to leave him screaming and crying the whole night until the morning sun kissed the surface.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK, attacked the door again as mighty as hearing a titan stomping over a forest, easily disrupting my sleep cycle since I was trained to wake up to any noise from Edwin......now it was because of a constant knock ringing at the front door as pesty as a fly.

Who could be up this early....... moreover what's so important?!

Again and again, the door rumbled sounding as ferocious as an empty stomach growling for food, but the more slams echoed on the wood increased its alarm sounding as annoying as hearing a roster crow at the break of dawn, pinching irritation to grow in me as heated as a wildfire that all my senses where aroused and awoken.

Damn it!!!

Frustration swarmed in my bloodstream as ruthlessly as a scorpion stung, I fling the covers off myself, removing my body from the comforts of the soft mattress and heading to the front door to greet the unexpected visitor.

This better be worth it, or else they're gonna pay.

Every step I took I felt as though I was walking on a road molded out of lava from anger and hatred skewing in my bloodstream, my head felt as though it was clogged with water from the lack of sleep, and worst of all I couldn't feel anything working in me from grogginess infesting my veins........I was lucky if I got four hours.....

Momentarily I reached the door, unlocking the entrance of our home to reveal who was our visitor so bright an early in the morning.

"Grandmother!" I breathed from stunned, feeling as fried as though I was cooked in hot oil from the sudden surprise, killing any sliver of anger in me since I didn't mind her intrusion.

Grandmother hovered over the door looking as perky and lively as a peach, thin lips like a string of yarn warmed in a smile full of bliss, red spectacles dangling from her nose to enhance her light blue eyes as mystifying as ice. Resting in both of her palms was a large coffee spotting stream to evaporate into thin air to indicate its temperature with two pieces of luggages accompanied at her ankles reading that this wasn't going to be just a friendly visit.

Luggage.......it's going to be an extended visit.

"These are for you my boy!" she peeped as happily as hearing a baby chick chirp, transferring both of the steamy hot coffee into my hands as she hastily grabbed her luggage to rush inside without a proper invitation only to assemble a chuckle to escape my lips amused how keen she was to enter.

Oh Grandmother.......I have no doubt Edwin is the reason why you are here.

Once Grandmother was inside the house she immediately scanned the perimeter like a hawk scouting for a mouse, even shuffling back and forth like chips on a checkerboard to spot my offspring, and within a blink of an eye she found was she was looking for. As chunky and round Grandmother looked reminding me of a sack of potatoes she moved as fast as a hummingbird, walking out with my son nested over her shoulder while her flabby arms like chicken wings contained him like a jar.