A Talk.

Aurora's POV

After a tiresome day of helping Garrison branch with delivering supplies and making sure those solider's don't drink on the job, I was beyond ready to head back to HQ.....but with my luck, the day was only just the beginning.

Once I had returned to HQ's, A random soldier came up to me throwing at my face a sheet of paper that had my name printed under the words

Kitchen duty.....

It wasn't how I pictured to end my night, but I had to think of it as helping out all those men and women who fight so courageously in battle. Their little reward will be a hot delicious meal to satisfy their growling stomachs.

I headed straight to the kitchen without a moment of peace to myself, and as I was walking toward my battleground I was predicting that once I enter that field it was going to be a hot mess.

The moment my feet step into the cook's territory I was beyond right, but forgetting about the most important part of a soldier......

"WHERE THE BLOODY HELL HAVE YOU BEEN AURORA?" furiously yelled one of the chubbier chiefs that had a mustache so thick it could have resembled one of Erwin's brows.

I have to say all those years of torment and humiliation, I've gained a tougher skin towards situations like this though I'm not entirely made of stone I do quiver at times at getting yelled at but for the most part, I've learned how to respond to situations like these.

"I was helping over at Garrison sir." I replied grabbing an apron hanging from the wall, as I gear my focus towards the unwashed dishes, cluttering the table.

"Yeah my ass, you were helping," he commented rudely with a chuckle. "Not getting enough attention from Mr.Smith." he snorted wiping his hands clean with a washrag.

This isn't the first or last comment I've heard about me being a whore, but when people whisper words or phrases assuming I'm ungrateful to Erwin...it feels like someone stabbed me in my chest and purposely left the dagger in my flesh to bleed to death. ....but as I grew older and time had passed I've also learned that I shouldn't worry what other people think.  I should be focused on caring about what my friends and family think of me.

I ignore his nasty complaint as my eyes finally reached the end of filthy pots and pans that crowded the kitchen top.

Oh lord.....well it beats serving the food to the soldiers. From past experiences with serving those men, never would I imagine these guys could be more disgusting...

Already they don't take showers, and in their book it's like a sin if they do......but when it comes to dinner time, those empty stomachs apparently provoke their hormones, being the sleazy men as they are trying to hit on an engaged woman, and even when I mention whose has the matching ring they still won't back down.....

I take a deep breath, seeing these filthy dishes will take all night for me to wash, but thankfully I was saved by the bell.

A loud whistle was echoed through the kitchen, as though someone was calling a horse.

"I need everyone's attention!" loudly shouted Shadis, strutting his way towards the front.

Instantly all conversations had perished and voices had been muted, ears became our number one choice from our five senses all eager to listen.

"I have an important announcement to make, so dinner will have to be postponed for just a little bit."

Hmmm...I wonder what's the news?

My fingertips tingled with curiosity as my brain cells had come back to life hearing such edgy news. If something were to kill me, it would be my curiosity.