Street Rat to Survey Corp Rat.

Erwin's POV

Elourea's first birthday was not only about celebrating the anniversary of her existence, but it was a day that everyone came together to celebrate and congratulate Mike and Nanaba's establishment of a home.

At first, I wasn't sure with myself if I could have participated in this extraordinary event due to the circumstances that I'm always stacked with paperwork which is never ending...but surely there was a gap, and once again it was because of Aurora.

Though this moment of awareness had sparked when I was passed out on a lounge chair in the conference room and wasn't fully at her disposal, it was the evidence that was left behind for me to piece together a story.

Her perfume was lingering around the area which consists of wildflowers, my forehead was sealed by a kiss that was stained with pink lipstick, and sadly enough there were single drops of water splashed on the floor...

I knew who had visited me and what was her motive, needless to say Aurora has been trying for weeks to sit me down and discuss our wedding date, but truth be told the wedding plans were on my last thought. I would much prefer to give my attention and energy to my branch, but after the traces of tears that were caused by her sadness, it made me realize and understand that our wedding is something that needs to be done together...and because of my position I was incapable to focus on the things that matter most, instead I neglect everything that I hold dear.

That's when I told myself I need to take a break.....

Once again because of Aurora's love and devotion I was able to find peace and serenity throughout this evening.

As the night progressed though, the females decided to sit down and catch up on life as the men dived right into a ruthless game of poker, showing no mercy or sympathy towards one another.

I have to say when entering this gambling game I predicted my chances of winning to be higher than the average person given my intelligence is far beyond compare.....but unfortunately this game requires minimum strategy and the facts that are is this game relies upon the luck of the draw.

When the cards are dealt by the dealer it's an unlikely chance of obtaining matching pairs or sets from one hand since the cards are shuffled multiple times and are disturbed randomly.

Most of the hands I was dealt consist of random faces or numbers, nothing that would promote any sort of higher rank, but through the chances of gambling, I managed to create some unique cards which automatically boosted my confidence and ego to persist further.

Once we all finish rising the stakes through the chips, we all unfold our hands revealing our winnings.

I glowed with triumph folding my cards over because I managed to create a straight flush with barely anything to begin with, but Moblit Berner seemed to ruin my moment of glory by thrusting a hand of a royal flush.....

Oddly enough, before we started the gambling game once again Moblit was taught the instructions beforehand....

Every time I founded a hint of satisfaction in my cards, my ass kept getting blue balled by an egg head, so once I had my fair shares of losing I decided to pass the next few rounds allowing myself the opportunity to observe everyone else and their poker faces.

At first, I was interested in trying to recognize a bluffing face from the men surrounding me, but a far more alluring image caught my eyes.

A pretty blonde girl with blonde straight hair smiling so radiantly down at the little birthday girl who was clutched to her hip and was embraced by her right arm lovingly.