Commander Keith Shadis

Erwin's POV

Today was the day I was leaving Grandmother's house, and entering the branch I have been dreaming about ever since I could remember.

The Survey Corps.

I was standing in my room as tiny as a prison cell, glimpsing around the corners to find pieces of wooden furniture rested along the concrete wall instantly flickering memories of the past that ranged from childhood to teenager.......but most of all Father came to mind over the countless amount of hours spend together......

This room carries so many memories that I will cherish until my last breath.

Taking one last peek around the room that contained so many memories like a jar of pickles, I felt pain torment my chest the more I drifted away feeling as though a knife had plunged into my heart because these very walls heard each conversation spoken with Father

Thank you for giving me a childhood filled with innocence and love.

I love you Father more than life itself.

Devastating as it was to leave my past behind felt as though I was trying to push a concrete house to move, but recalling what was ahead of me, getting the chance to fight for my dream it was as though I was walking down a rainbow from bliss.

All what is left to do is keeping pursuing my dream, and live outside these walls

I had reached downstairs packed with all my
essentials such as, clothes, shower utensils, blankets and the very basis of standard living, giving one last goodbye to Grandmother and even though the Sinclair's are not family their support and love managed to balance out any emptiness I felt from the loss of Father.

I will never forget their courage and their love. This family has made a difference in my life and I hope to pay them back one day.

My attention reaches Grandmother, build like a pig from chub rolled around her abdomen like layers on a cake, curled her thin lips into a smile as bright as the morning sun while her eyes the color of an ice cube melted in bliss.

"Erwin." she called with ease soothed in her voice like hearing water trickle down pipe, opening her flabby arms like turkey wings to feel her chunky body embrace mine. "I am so proud of you, and I know you will do amazing things in the future." she complimented as warmly as hearing a crackling fire, feeling a loving kiss peck my forehead to blossom delight to swim in me from her affection.

This is how I remembered Grandmother, kind, loving and warm.......but that all changed once Father had died.

She became bitter and dry about this life.

After exchanging my last goodbye with Grandmother I swirl my mouth to reach her cheek to press my lips against her crinkly cheek like kissing a frog to bestow my gratitude and love to her. "Thank you Grandmother for everything you have done." I paused to remove myself as my eyes met Father's identical ones. "Father would be proud of the both of us."

Grandmother awed in replied looking as melted as butter in a frying pan, eyes sunken like a rock in the sand as a few tears drizzle down her eyelids to drop from her chin, feeling her tender hand layer on top of my cheek as soft as a mitten. "You've already made your Father proud the moment you where born." she breathed in a faint voice almost like a cry as she sniffed her nose dry like a broom to hear the loose liquid shoot back up in his nostrils, departing from my space.

Next Mrs.Sinclair eagerly came towards me to embrace me, feeling her tender body latch onto me as sealed as though we were stuck in glue, as tightness secures every ounce as me as though I was tied like a piece of rope, but warmth and love was express through her touch, encouraging a smile to form along my lips.