The Bitter Truth

Aurora's POV

The Following Morning

As much as I dread morning's there was one reason that could get me out of bed without question. Coffee.

It was around mid morning when I reached the kitchen, and to an unexpected surprise I wasn't the only one eager to indulge on a bitter drink.

Erwin had been awake for hours I'd assume since his hands where diving into a yummy sandwich packed with various sorts of meats, cheeses looking as loaded as a baked potato while having some vegetables accompanying him to the side, with a piping hot cup of coffee settled at the table, allowing ease to flow in me to gaze at his calmness, but all my happiness had shattered like glass once my eyes reached who was sitting on the opposite side of the table.

Hunched like a toad at the master's chair of the table stuffed with rolls of fat curled around her skin, sat Grandma Smith with her cold blue eyes the color of an ice cube skimming through the morning paper with her herbal tea resting at her palm.

"You two are awfully chummy this morning." she croaked like a bullfrog, not even glimpsing from her paper to leave chills running up my spine from her sudden comment, only having one thought.

I knew Grandma Smith didn't like me when I was a child but I don't understand why she still holds a grudge?

I have no idea what I did to make her feel this way towards me........I always tried my best to respect her and be nice to her.....

Erwin on the other hand gleamed with bliss looking as radiant as a firefly the moment his attention focuses on me, blue eyes shimmering like a sapphire, lips thin as paper to melt a handsome smile even exposing his teeth as white as pearl made my heart skin a beat from his charm.

He is so handsome.......especially when he smiles.

"Grandmother, I have some news I would like to discuss with you." Erwin brought up, removing himself from his seat where his body drifted right next to mine feeling his tender palm enclose mine as soft as touching feathers on a bird causing my heart to slip a beat from our connection.

Oh my.....I completely forgot we have to tell the family........

Suddenly I heard glass shatter the floorboard as abruptly as hearing a gunshot being fired, sending alarm to twitch my veins from the sudden noise though Erwin continued to soothe the room with his voice as calming as hearing a violin strum making it less scarier to endure.

"Grandmother........Aurora and I are in a relationship." he replied shining a smile as bright as a lantern, I only felt ease drown my veins from his charm.

Hearing his handsome comment breeze through my ears smile forms along my lips from delight, wishing I could devour his skin with my love how sweet the golden boy was, though I nearly forgot who I was dealing with.

"I beg your pardon?" she gasped sounding as breathless as though she held her breath under water. "I don't understand........why Aurora?"

I felt squeezes being pulsed on my hand to heat fire in my veins from Erwin's touch, causing unease to tie in my stomach since I have the slightest clue how Erwin would counter the conversation.