A Broken Man

Aurora's POV

After nine months of carrying my baby in the womb, experiencing constant back pain numbing across my lower back feeling as though I was paralyzed, the weight of the baby pushing on my bladder to constantly urinate finally had come to an end. I was able to give the greatest gift any female could perform.

The gift of life, and the greatest blessing of all was there were no complications involved, only pointing out to me that my body was capable to handle the pressur. Bringing me joy knowing I could produce as many little ones as we wanted.

As I sat on my bed feeling as exhausted and drained as a lemon squeezed from the constant pushing for hours, my eyes rested upon the most stunning image I've crossed.

There Erwin sat on the edge of the bed, holding our tiny pumpkin towards his chest wrapped as tightly as a tortilla, Edwin grazing him like a neckless.

Erwin's long face was obliterated from joy. Radiant smile spread across his thin lips while his forehead was nuzzled into our son's like a crown. Brawny shoulders as thick as a tree trunk lowered from elation like throwing a rock into a pond, but the most heartwarming sensation was to see tears stream down Erwin's pale cheeks as majestic as a river.

Gazing upon a magnificent image of my husband and our newborn cuddled together like a puppy and his stuffed animal only caused my lips to form a smile from happiness.

This life is truly beautiful.

I continue to gaze upon the illustration shining upon me like a painting, noticing that my son had his eyes wide open like blinds to reveal his eye color which made me miss a breath from astonishment.

Wow.....his eyes are remarkable....they are white like a diamond, but mixed with blue as peaceful as the moonlight touching water....

This isn't from my side.

That is Erwin's father.

Staring at such beauty barely the size of a squash, I found myself enticed like a horse hearing its masters whistle, scooting myself closer towards the two where I lean my body over Erwin's back like his shadow. I pressed my entire body into his like mushing mash potatoes causing softness to thaw throughout my flesh as warm as a blanket feeling his thick muscles rub against me, then I rested my chin on his collarbone to stare down at the little miracle Erwin so humbly held.

"Erwin." I begin finding myself as mesmerized as though gazing at a forest covered in snow, looking down at Edwin's eyes. "He has your Father's eyes, and I couldn't be anymore happier!" I reply, raising my arms closer to Erwin's abdomen, curling my grip around him like a belt to bring our bodies closer like a sloth on a tree exchanging more heat to be rubbed on my breast.

I'm so happy I could give my love a boy.....

"Aurora." Erwin breathed with a voice as calming as a violin strung, bliss soaked in his voice like a sponge. "He is beautiful, and he is everything I hoped for in a son." he mentioned with a bright smile, refusing to look anywhere but the boy with light blue eyes the color of an icicle

Erwin's forearms held our son with so much love and gentleness as though he was holding a glass vase from the care in his grip, my little teddy bear
was everything a father should behave towards their children.

Full of love and compassion.

Our son Edwin laid in Erwin's clutch as peaceful as lying in a cradle, wrapped in warmth like a burrito allowing his eyes to do all the talking. All I saw were two tiny blue eyes the size of a strawberry repeatedly bounce from Erwin to me as slow as a snail, comprehending the life around him only to brighten my smile from delight, enjoying the moment of silence between my husband and son......until a certain noise ruptured throughout the room like a volcano to disturb the silence.