October 14th.

Aurora's POV

Today was Erwin's twenty-first birthday. Another year has passed where this extraordinary man has lived another year and has gained so much experience and wisdom about life.

Like every birthday of his, I want it to be the best day of the year for him because his special days comes only once a year and Erwin deserves all the recognition and praise on his very special day....

Though the mere thought about this day arriving brings me nothing but happiness, but part of me also has some negative energy about it coming...
On this day of Erwin's, I'm obligated to give hm a present that once was in the palms of his long-forgotten mother....

It's not that I don't want to give him the present, in fact, I'm honored that Stephen thinks I should be the one to give it to him...it's just I'm not entirely sure how Erwin will respond towards the item since his mother is such a sensitive topic....

I know this situation is a gamble on Erwin's emotions, I'm predicting it's a fifty-fifty chance, how he will respond.

Once I will bestow the book on him he's either going to be as happy as a blooming sunflower in the spring or shattered and crushed like throwing a ball through glass...

I have been so worried and anxious these last couple of days not only about Erwin's reaction but more importantly what effect this book might have on mental health....

I was so frighten about his safety that I was even contemplating whether or not should I even give him the book....but I couldn't do that to him. Erwin deserves the right to know about the existence of the book and it's context...

Even though it scares me to death what I have to do I just have to be there for him......through the thick and thin.

I will in fact give him the book despite his end game, but I want to give him the gift of happiness. I want to build a memory with him that he will forever cherish and remember....
This happiness of his will guide him through any difficult times he will be facing.

He'll remember that on his twenty-first birthday he received a book written by his mother wanting all the love and support for him.

So with the little time left in the day, I decided to surprise Erwin with a horse ride outside of Hermina districts to leave his problems alone and unattended for one night and giving him the chance to eat and drink a mourner watering meal as we lye on the open fields of the fresh green grass.

With this spontaneous idea bubbling in my head of going for a midnight ride, so much energy, and excitement flow into my blood, I nearly forgot why I was so nervous in the first place because I was so excited about pleasing Erwin....

The last time Erwin and I had this must alone time together it was when we were visiting Mr.Eagle and his book store.....that was five months ago.

I was determined and strong minded like a bee not wanting to mess up this night and make everything perfect for him. Erwin deserves the world...I'm just his little stump to grab it...

October the fourteen had easily reached my calendar since I was so busy with cleaning duty in headquarters. Mopping, sweeping, dusting, just work that killed your back...

Once I was finished with my assigned duties, I plunge right into tonight.

This means I needed the most important quality for humans...which is food.

I started by quietly sneaking into the kitchen to steal some dinner, so once Erwin finishes his shift we can straight away transition towards our midnight ride.