Forever Home

Erwin's POV

The whole night consisted of Elourea persisting and demanding I tell another story about my adventures, begging me crazily since her pupils were the size of an orange from astonishment, looking as though she found a treasure chest full of diamonds.

I didn't mind retelling all my stories about exploring the outside world or the number of titans my hand has slaughtered, because also I had a beautiful pair of green eyes stuck on me like honey from the interest she also expressed.

To be frankly honest, I wouldn't anticipate myself receiving this much enjoyment from staying at home and altering myself into a storyteller while sipping on a bottle of beer to ease my head, instead of going out for a drink with friends.

I had a pleasant evening, not only because I was the center of attention in every story told, but I found a hidden gem rested in myself finding a new activity that I received pleasure from.

Telling a story.

I wouldn't have dreamed I would gain so much passion and satisfaction retelling my adventures or reading a book about a princess being saved, but it was the child who gave me the most delight by their attention. It was the child's interest and hope sparkling in their eyes, reminding me how long ago I had the same urge about this life. Full of passion and determination to find out all of life's secrets and wonders. It's all thanks to my beloved swan, who had managed to open this door for me.

It had been roughly about two hours of myself raving about the adventures of my past, and getting the glory of saving a beautiful blonde girl. I had found myself growing weary of gushing my heart out, and thankfully our friends had returned back from the bar, all reeking the smell of alcohol and heavily influence by their drinks to be spun with delight on their faces.

There were only two people who had their heads on their shoulders, Marie due to her pregnancy, and Mike, which I did notice some of the liquor affected his movements slightly but it was not severe as the others because the moment everyone arrived at the Zacharias household bodies flung to any open space passed out from exhaustion....even some already starting to snore to indicate entering their REM cycle.

Immediately Aurora aided everyone's attention and care like a nurse, wanting the most comfortable and secure area for everyone to snooze until morning. Grabbing dozens of comfy soft pillows and warm fuzzy blankets that a few people mistakenly thought of her as a pillow wanting to cuddle her like a stuffed animal...which I don't blame.

With the help of Marie, Aurora and Maire had attended to everyone's care, but there was one person left standing. His masculine body started to shift closer to me like a magnet since I held the most valuable piece of treasure to bane his existence.

"Elourea baby!" happily called Mike sounding as lively as fireworks had just gone off, wearing a smile as jolly and warming as hot chocolate on a winter's evening. "Come to daddy!" he clamored, noticing a little pink was shaded across his cheeks looking like blush was applied indicating Mike was indeed mildly intoxicated.

Mike then stretched out his thick arms like an eagle's wing and squatted himself down to reach his daughter's level.

Instantly Elourea heard her father's call like a master whistling for his horse, causing the toddle to hop down from my lap like a little frog off a lilypad, sprinting at full speed while wearing a smile full of delight to prove the excitement bottled up inside of her to reunite with her father.

"Daddy! Daddy!" Elourea called sounding as squeaky and pitchy like a mouse, releasing giggles of joy as sweet as a strawberry to fling herself onto Mike's chest as though he was a mattress.