Chapter 78

Dean's POV

I layed there next to her, running my fingers up and down her beautiful body that was all mine. I knew she was upset with me, but I didn't care at the moment. This girl was 20 and I was 28. The age difference was always a reason to take it slow, but she had just given me permission to do whatever I wanted and trust me, I had. I got to do every single thing I've wanted to do to her since the day I layed eyes on her.

"Dean?" Her beautiful voice asked, distracting me from my thoughts.

"Yea?"

"What are you thinking about?"

"You."

"Oh." She said quietly.

"What are you thinking about?"

"You."

"Oh?"

"I'm always thinking about you." She said and I smirked.

"Do you feel okay?"

She paused and then said. "I feel fine."

"You don't sound fine. Did I hurt you?"

"No.....it's just......"

"What?"

"Never mind." She was quick with her dismissal. "I don't want you to be mad."

I thought about Roman's words.

And she shouldn't feel like she needs to be afraid to make you upset every time she says or does something.

I knew I wasn't gonna like it, but I had to let her talk to me.

"Just tell me, baby."

She sighed. "I'm just worried about you and I want you to talk to me."

I held her close.

"Okay. What do you want to know?"

She looked up at me and propped herself up on her elbow against the pillows, bringing the blankets to her chest.

I moved my hand to where hers were clasping the blanket. "As long as you don't hide from me."

She nodded. "It's not your fault. None of it is your fault. Bray did this." She said. "You can't keep blaming yourself. I love you, Dean. And I know.....I heard the stuff he said to you out there. None of it is true. I don't blame you for this."

I looked over at her beautiful face. "If I would've been there......."

"You can't blame yourself for not being there."

I sighed. "Is that it?"

"No! I wanna talk about what happened before the show too. Your little scene in the hallway in front of everyone?"

"I'm sorry. I just lost it. I didn't want you anywhere around Bray or anyone associated with him."

"We were at work!"

"Charlie, Bray could've killed you when he performed his own version of a fucking C section. You can't exactly blame me for being a bit paranoid of you having anything to do with him." I snapped.

"And I guess that brings me to the fact of the storyline you're trying to ruin for me."

"Ruin for you?" That damn mouth. "I'm trying to protect you, Charlie."

"When it comes to my job, you don't have the right to do any of this."

"You're making me seem like the bad guy for wanting to protect the girl I love. I'm so fucking sorry that I want you to be away from the guy that killed out baby and almost killed you. I'm so sorry for loving you so much that I want to keep you safe with me!"

"That's not the point, Dean! The point is that you have to understand that you can't keep telling me what to do. You can't keep suffocating me."

I jump off the bed. "Suffocating you? I'm trying to PROTECT you. How many fucking times to I have to say it?"

Dammit! Here she goes, ruining the night again.

"Dean, don't go. Please."

By then, I had my pants on and was in the process of finding a shirt until I looked up at her. Her eyes were glossy and I could tell that beautiful face was about to be ruined with tears. Although, she still looked beautiful while crying.

I sighed and sat down on the bed. "I don't wanna fight with you. I'm just really fucking pissed. So just tell me what else you wanna know so we can go out."

"Really?" Her beautiful eyes lit up.

I nodded.

"When Bray said that stuff about your dad......."

"No." I said quickly. "That's the one thing we're sure as hell not talking about."

She sighed. I knew she wanted to argue, but she didn't.

"Why did you go to Seth?"

I sighed. "I was upset with what you had said and I.......I guess I just........I don't really know why I was drinking with that douchebag. And by the way, whatever I said last night, I was drunk, big time."

She nodded. "I know. Don't worry about it. But anyway.......what did I say that made you........"

"The fact that you thought me hitting you was gonna make you feel better." I took a deep breath.

She confusingly looked at me.

"Why'd you say it?" I asked desperately. "Is that really what you thought I'd do?"

"You were so angry. I didn't know what you'd do." She said innocently.

"Well, I certainly wouldn't hit you. I guess that you just telling me to........it just........I didn't want you to think I'd hurt you."

She paused, but nodded.

"I'm serious. I don't want you to ever say that to me again." I warned.

She looked at me with wide eyes and nodded.

"Anything else?" I asked, running my fingertips up and down her spine.

"I'm sorry." She said to my surprise.

"What?"

"I shouldn't have said that."

I shrugged. "It's okay. I guess I just felt cautious about it. That's not how I want you to think of me. I love you too much to hit you."

She nodded. Tears started pouring out of her eyes.

"Baby no. Don't cry." I said, trying to caress her in my arms. "It's alright. Let's just be past it now."

She nodded. "And I know that we're both really upset about what happened." She said, wiping her tears. "And we're both really gonna miss the baby. But I just don't want us to always be like this." She cried.

I held her close to me and buried my face in her hair. "I know. I know baby."

"Can we still go out tonight?"

"Of course. We both need some alone time with each other." I smirked.