Chapter 22

I decided to take a little while off and go home. I was excited to see my family. There were so many things I needed to fill them in on.

I knocked on the door lightly. My mom answered the door and a bright smile spread across her face. "CHARLIE! Look everyone, Charlie's home."

Emma, my little teenage sister; Noah, my 5 year old little brother; and Alex, my 23 year old sister came to greet me in surprise.

"Hey Alex. Where's Mark?" I asked, referring to her husband.

"He's about to get off work. I didn't know you were coming in, C." She said.

"Yeah, I get a few days off work." I said.

"Are you really....." My mom started, but stopped.

"Pregnant? Yes." I said, "I'm sorry I didn't tell you guys, I just have to much on my mind."

Emma smiled, "With a smokin hot boyfriend like Dean, I'm not surprised."

"Yeah.....about Dean..." I said.

Her face instantly dropped. "No. Please tell me you two didn't break up." I didn't say a word. "What happened?" She asked.

"I'll explain it all later, I promise." I assured her.

I wasn't surprised she wanted to know about my love life. She was fascinated with Dean. Seth too. Just wait till she finds out.

"Hi sissy, I miss you." Noah said.

"Awe," I bent down to him, "I know. I missed you too. But luckily, I'm here to spend a few days." I said, standing back up. "If that's alright with you." I said to my mom.

"Of course it is sweetie. NICK!" She yelled, calling out my father, "Your daughter is here."

My dad quickly walked into the living room. "Sweetie!"

"Daddy!"

I gave him a big hug and sat down on the couch with my family. "So how are you guys."

"We're good." My mom said. "Just our normal, daily routine. What about you? How's the job?"

"It's everything I imagined. Dream come true." I said.

"Are you recovering well from the accident?" She asked.

I instantly remembered the car accident. "I'm better." I said assuringly.

"CHARLIE! I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DEAN! Is he single now? Can I have him?" She asked.

I gave her a doubtful look. "You're way too young for him."

"So are you." She shot back.

"Well played." I said.

"Well would you like something to eat? I have a feeling you and Emma need to have some girl bonding moments." My mom suggested. Emma rushed to the kitchen and my mom leaned towards me. "She's been having some trouble in school. She's also had some boy drama lately." She said.

I nodded, "Don't we all?" I asked.

We laughed.

I joined Emma in the kitchen. "What's up?"

"Why wasn't Dean on TV Monday? And why did they have a eulogy for him?" She instantly got a worried look on her face. "Is he dead?"

"In Seth's mind, yes. But no. He's leaving for a while to go film his movie, Lockdown." I said.

"Oooooh, I can't wait for that." She said. "But I was about to kill Seth when he did that." Emma said.

You could say she was a little obsessed with Dean.

"Weren't we both?" I asked. "I basically barged in his hotel room and screamed my head off."

"Do you still talk to Seth?" She asked. "Are y'all still friends?"

I paused before slowly nodding. "We're actually more than friends. He's technically the reason Dean and I broke up." I said.

"Technically?" She asked.

"It's complicated."

"I've been seeing pictures on Instagram of Seth and Summer being spotted. So they aren't dating?" She asked.

"They are." I said.

"Okay, now I'm really confused."

I sighed, "Like I said, it's complicated. Seth has had a thing for me for a while now."

"But you don't like him back?"

"I do." I said simply. "I also have feelings for Dean though." I said. "And it's not fair to Seth that I'm with him when my heart wants me to be with Dean."

"I think you and Dean are perfect, Charlie. Do you think he'll ever come around?" She asked.

"Well, we're friends. I don't really know if it will ever be more than that again. He was hurt and I understand, but I can't exactly control what I feel." I said.

"He loves you, Charlie. He'll come around eventually."

I nodded. "The only problem is, when I'm with Seth, I want to be with him. Like really with him. When I'm with him, it consumes me." I said. "But it doesn't even matter. I took a visit home to get away from Seth and Dean drama, not to bring it up again. So....mom tells me you're having some boy drama of your own. Care to share?"

"Well.....there's this guy, Caleb. I think he likes me, but I'm not sure." She said.

"Aren't you with someone?" I asked.

She looked shaken up at my question. "Please don't tell mom and dad." She said.

I nodded, "Go."

"Logan is....abusing me." She said simply.

I almost choked. She didn't know about my horrible, abusive past with boyfriends. I definitely didn't want it happening to her.

"What?" I asked. "How exactly?"

"He keeps cutting me down in front of everyone. He used to be so sweet, but now he's not. And I was at his house the other day and he tried to ease me in to having sex with him. I refused and he hit me."

"Emma!" I exclaimed, "Who does this jerk think he is? You have to break up with him."

"I'm afraid to." She said. "He's never treated me like that. Just imagine if I broke up with him."

"You shouldn't have to go through that kind of abuse. You're 15."

"Almost 16." She corrected.

"Same difference. Emma, I have to go to mom and dad."

"No!" She exclaimed. "Charlie, you promised. If you tell mom and dad anything, I'll never forgive you."

I sighed, "Okay. I'm glad you told me though, but I can't let this happen to you. You did the right thing by telling me."

"Well, I trust you." She said.

I understood where she was coming from. In my time of boyfriend abuse, I'd go straight to Alex. Guess it's just a sister thing.

"Emma, you need to do something about this. You need to break up with him." I said.

"I can't. He might hurt me."

"Bring some friends." I said.

"I don't want my friends knowing about this." She protested.

"Would it help if I went with you?" I asked.

"That would make me look weak. I bring my older, wrestler, ass kicking sister to break up with a 17 year old boy." She said.

It did sound pretty ridiculous.

"What if I came with you, but hid? You can break up with him and if he tries anything, I'll drop kick his ass." I said.

She thought about it for a moment. "Hmmmm.....that's not a bad idea." She said. "Tomorrow?"

"Sure thing!"

So I guess we were goin break up with a little punk kid tomorrow. Ah, it feels good to be home.