Chapter 97

"So.....I guess this is it." I said. My car was here to take me to the airport. I stood outside with Dean, grasping his hands, never wanting to let go.

"For now." He said. He gently lifted my hand and played with my ring. "Keep this, okay?"

"Well I'm certainly not gonna take it off."

"Good."

"So....I'm confused.....are we breaking up?"

Dean sighed and lowered his forehead. "No." He simply said. I'd never been so happy to hear the word 'no'. "I don't want it to come to that."

"Me neither."

"I love you. You know I do."

I felt tears approaching in my eyes. "Yeah. I do. I just.....Dean please." I begged as the tears started to spill. "Please don't make me go."

He sighed. I could tell this was hard for him. I just wanted so much for him to let me stay.

"Baby, I want you to stay. I do. But you heard Seth. Bray's planning something and I can't let him find you."

"But Dean....."

"He kidnapped you, Charlie. He kidnapped you. He killed our baby. He almost killed you, and almost raped you. I want you far away from him!"

The tears spilled uncontrollably now. "You can take care of me, Dean. You can protect me."

"Baby, I've been here the whole time and he's always found a way." He said, his voice softer now. "I need to go into this match alone tonight. I need you to leave so he can forget about you and find someone else to torment."

I cried, but nodded. "I love you."

"Baby, this is not the end, I promise you."

I nodded once again. I couldn't bring myself to look into his eyes. He placed his hand on my chin, forcing me to look at him. When I finally did, his lips were on mine, surprisingly.

His hands went down to mine. "You'll be fine. I love you. Stay safe."

"Is Seth coming?"

"To see you leave? Probably not."

"I need to talk to him before I go."

"Charlie......"

"Dean!" I stared into his eyes, letting him know my urgency, "I'm serious."

He sighed and placed his hands on his hips. "Okay."

Seth's POV

Another shot. And another. I couldn't believe she was leaving. I couldn't bring myself to go see her. I couldn't see her leave. I just didn't understand why I couldn't let myself move on.

There was a knock at the door, interrupting my thoughts.

"Bray, go the fuck away!" I yelled.

"Um.....it's Charlie!"

I paused, slowly placing my shot glass down. I didn't know if I should have allowed myself to see her.

"I thought you left." I called out, not making a move to answer the door.

"I......" Her soft little voice filled the room, "I wanted to see you."

I sighed. This hurts. This really fucking hurts. I eventually allowed myself to face the girl I was in love with.

When I opened the door, her cheeks were tear stained and her eyes were red.

"You wanted to see me?"

She nodded. "Of course I did. Seth, I still care about you."

"I think you should go." I said, quickly trying to avoid this.

Instead, she pushed her way in. I turned to look at her. Her tears have seemed to reappear.

"I love you, Seth." She said. "Just not in the way you want me to."

My heart fell instantly.

"But that doesn't have to be a bad thing." She quickly said. "You need to allow yourself to get over me. Be happy, Seth. We don't need space from each other, we need to allow ourselves to get over each other."

"Charlie!" I interrupted, "Please just go."

"And Seth, I know you can do it. You just have to....."

"CHARLIE!" I yelled, making here jump slightly. "GO!" I said sternly, figuring that's the only way I can get her out.

She seemed hurt by my command as she slowly walked towards the door. Before she was out of it, she stopped in front of me. "I'm sorry for everything. I just hope you can find it in your heart to forget me and move on." She said quietly.

Before I knew it, her lips were placed on my cheek. Then before I knew it, it was over.

"Goodbye."

That was the last thing I heard her say before closing the door in her face. I could hear her tears from the other side if the door.

"Goodbye." I whispered.