Chapter 43

I hadn't talked to Seth all week. I wanted to see him, but if he was doubting us, we couldn't take this farther. I heard a knock at the door which made my thoughts wander. Seth?

No. Roman.

I sighed, "Hey." I said, offering a friendly smile.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

I shook my head slightly. "I don't think that's the best idea." I said quietly.

"Okay, I guess I'll talk from out here." He suggested. I nodded and waited for him to continue. "I feel bad for putting more confusion onto your mind." Oh no! He wanted to talk about this kiss. "I was way out of line and I regret losing your trust." He paused and stared me straight in the eye, "But I don't regret that kiss." My mouth dropped open to the floor. "And I never will."

"Roman......"

"Charlie, just let me say this. I want you to at least hear it." He said. He took a deep breath before continuing. "We were friends. Best friends. One day, my feelings for you changed." Feelings? "I started to envy you and Dean and then you and Seth got together and I thought I was about to explode."

"Roman....."

"I didn't know what was making me feel this way or act this way, but.....it's just that every time I look into your beautiful eyes," He took a step toward me and places a hand on my chin, "I lose control."

I panicked. Roman couldn't feel this way about me. He was supposed to be my escape route.

I saw his face getting closer to mine and his hands cupped my cheeks. I quickly moved my fingers up to hold his wrist. "Roman you can't!" I said, quietly panicking.

"Yes I can." He asked, leaning in again. "Let me."

He almost closed the space between us, but I quickly regained my strength and pushed him back.

"I said no!" I snapped.

He stared at me with a blank expression.

"She said leave."

I heard a distant voice, but saw Seth come up behind Roman. Seth? Roman turned around and smirked at Seth's attempt to be a hero.

"And what exactly are you gonna do about it?" Roman asked as Seth stared up at him with disgust.

Without another word, Seth pushed Roman back to where he flew in my room as I quickly sidestepped him. Seth tried to barge in after, but I slid in front of him and placed my hand on his shoulders.

"No." I said quietly, finally catching his attention. "Not the time or place, Seth." I looked back at Roman to see that he's gained strength. I looked back at Seth. "Go wait for me in my room."

"Why? So he can kiss you again?"

"Seth!" I exclaimed. "Please."

His eyes finally drifted down to meet mine. His expression softened. I gently reached down for his hand, lacing my fingers through his.

He bent down closely to my ear, "I love you." He whispered.

I dismissed him and turned to Roman. "Roman, we can't do this."

"Why not? You fell for Seth in a heartbeat." He protested.

"Yeah and I have no idea how that happened, but I can't fall in love with anyone else."

"Think about this, Charlie. Why do you wanna be with a weasel like Seth?"

"Because I love him!" I exclaimed. "I can't control my feelings for him and I don't want to because I'm in love with him."

Roman's expression changed. He looked hurt and sad, but also angry.

"You should go." I said quietly, looking down at the ground.

He nodded, "Yeah," he said, backing away from me, "yeah I should." And he did.

I joined Seth in my room.

"Hi." I said shyly.

"Where's AJ?"

"Not sure." I said simply.

"Oh...."

"Seth, we need to talk."

"I know you're angry with me." He said before I could even begin to think. "I didn't mean to upset you. I guess I'm just afraid of losing you when I just got you."

"Seth, what are you so afraid of?"

"I already told you, Charlie." He said. "You fell in love with me in a heartbeat. You could fall in love with Roman too."

"That's different." I protested, "I've had feelings for you for a while. I just never wanted to admit them. I have no feelings for Roman."

"What about Dean?"

"What about him?" I asked.

"He left and you were suddenly all over me. Is that why? Did you just need someone to occupy your time?"

"Seth!" I snapped. "How could you even say that."

He sighed, "It's not that I really think that. I'm just afraid that when Dean comes back, you're gonna forget all about me."

I shook my head, "I'm not gonna forget about you." I said, "I'll never forget about you. Because I love you."

He placed a gentle kiss on my lips. He pulled away slowly and smiled, clearly playing the words I'd just said over and over again in his head.

"How's the kid doin?" He asked, focusing his attention on my stomach.

I looked down and smiled. I was starting to show. "Good. He's good."

"How's his father doing?" Seth asked.

I shrugged, "Whatever he's doing right now probably has nothing to do with me."

I didn't care about Dean right now. I just wanted to be with Seth for as long as I possibly could. I was in love with him and no one would ever be able to change that.