Chapter 14

I showed up at AJ's door just in time.

"So you decided to come along after all." She said.

"I'm just here to hear what they have to say. If it's bullshit though, I'm jumping out the car." I said.

She rolled her eyes playfully. "Come on. Let's go."

We met Dean and Roman at the car. Dean and I instantly met eyes.

"Hey." He said softly.

"Hey." I returned.

AJ and Roman exchanged glances. This was going to be awkward. We started the drive in silence with Roman driving and Dean in the passenger seat. AJ and I were chillin in the back.

"How are you feeling?" Dean asked me.

"Fine." I said.

"Any vomiting this morning?" He asked.

"Not much." I said.

Then the car went to complete silence again.

"So AJ said you had something to say." I said.

He sighed, "I've been a jerk to you lately."

"Yeah, you have." I agreed.

"I apologize for that. When I'm hurt I just lose control cause there's not a lot of people I can actually trust. So when someone I trust turns their back on me....."

"I understand." I said.

"I just wanted to let you know that I'm gonna keep my word. I'm gonna be there for you and our baby."

"While secretly despising me." I added.

"No actually. I'm willing to try to move past this, Charlie. I talked to Roman and AJ and they made me realize that I'm not exactly seeing things from your perspective. I'm trying to do that now. I don't want us to hate each other, Charlie. We've both made mistakes. I guess what I'm proposing is that I want us to be friends." He said.

"Friends?" I asked.

"Yeah, it'll be kinda hard to get through this when we hate each other." He said. I nodded in understanding.

"I guess we just needed some time away from each other." He said. "Gives me time to think."

I nodded, me too." I said quietly.

We arrived at the arena early.

"Let's go down to the ring. I need to practice some stuff." Dean said to Roman.

"I'll come." I said.

Dean gave me a doubtful look.

"Thought we were friends now, Ambrose. Besides, I'm still your vallet."

He rolled his eyes, "Alright fine." He said. "As long as you can keep up."

Before another word, Roman and Dean took off running.

"HEY!" I shouted before taking off after them.

When we got to the ring, I playfully punched them both, causing them to tackle me inside. Gently of course. I quickly got away.

"Come at me, Ambrose." I challenged.

I soon realized that was a stupid decision when Dean actually came at me. I squealed and slipped out of the ring.

He laughed, "Not so brave now, huh princess?" He asked.

"Don't call me princess." I said rolling my eyes.

I sat down in JBL's chair and watched Roman and Dean roll around and practice their moves for about an hour until they were exhausted.

"Worn out?" I asked, handing Dean his water bottle.

"You're lucky you're pregnant, shorty." He said.

I smiled. He called me shorty. His nickname for me ever since we started dating. Call me crazy, but that have me hope. It gave me hope that everything was gonna be alright.