Chapter 16

I skipped down the hall. I ran into AJ half way.

"Hey C." She welcomed.

"Hey girl, let's go to catering. I'm starving." I said.

We went to catering and joined Roman and Dean at a table to eat.

"We need to talk." Dean said quickly.

I immediately got nervous, but nodded. He walked me over as AJ and Roman looked after us.

"Look I know this whole baby stuff has come so sudden, but...." Dean said, stopping me at the vending machine, "this is gonna be my last night on Monday Night Raw for a little while."

I looked at him in confusion. "What?"

"We need to start filming Lockdown. We've pushed it back too long and it's time to start filming." He said.

"Oh." I said sadly.

"Look, Roman will be here to take care of you. I don't really know what pregnant chicks go through, but I assume you're gonna need him." He said.

I nodded, "Yeah, I just wish it could be you."

"Me too, C. I'll be back in about a month though. Don't worry." He said.

I nodded, "Good luck." I said. "Promise you'll call?" I asked.

"Promise!" He said. He quickly kissed me on the cheek then left to go get ready.

I met Roman and AJ back at the table.

"Don't worry baby doll. I'll be here for you." Roman said, noticing my sad expression.

I nodded, "It's just....he was acting like he had been before we broke up. It just felt like we were still together for that moment." I said.

"I know baby girl." Roman said sympathetically.

"Maybe after this month of space between you two, he'll think differently." AJ said, "There could still be a chance for you two."

I nodded. "Maybe."

Dean ended up getting curb stomped into cinder blocks. I gasped. He could've died.

I ran to the trainer's room. "Dean are you okay?" I asked.

"He's unconscious." The doctor said.

"He's not dead is he?" I asked.

"No. We did an immediate examination and it wasn't enough impact to do any permanent damage. He is showing symptoms of a minor concussion though."

I nodded and retreated to Dean's side. "Oh god Dean."

I couldn't believe Seth would do this. But I guess anything was possible for Seth now.

Roman came to me and ordered me to go home and get some rest. He promised to give me updates in the morning.

AJ and I got back to the hotel and I paused at our room.

"Wait. I'll be right back." I said, heading down the hallway. I approached Seth's room and knocked furiously at the door. To my surprise, Randy opened it. "Where's Seth?" I asked.

Seth passed by and came to the door. "Come on in."

I barged in. Kane was sitting on the couch while watching TV and Randy was staring me down.

"Whoah, what's wrong?" Seth asked.

"WHAT'S WRONG?" I asked furiously. "You hurt Dean, Seth. You could've killed him."

"I knew what I was doing, Charlie. I knew exactly how much impact to put." He said.

"But you still hurt him and I'm not okay with that!" I exclaimed.

He paused. "So it's okay when he attacks me?" He asked. I hesitated. He stared at me angrily. Kane and Randy now had their attention on us. "Wow. And here I thought we had finally made a connection." He said.

"Seth I can't do this!" I exclaimed. "I can't allow myself to feel like this about you. I'm having Dean's baby. I'm in love with Dean. It's always gonna be Dean." I said.

I paused, realizing what I'd just said.

"So kissing me earlier and all that stuff about feeling how you feel.....you were just stringing me along?" He asked.

"I shouldn't have said that. I'm sorry I'm just......I'm just stressed." I said stressfully. "Dean's leaving to go film his stupid movie and I just got pregnant with his baby and I'm not gonna have him there for me. And I really need him cause I can't do this alone. I don't know how to do this alone." I cried.

Seth looked hurt, "Well if you keep stringing people alone, you'll never have anyone there for you, Charlie."

"Seth....."

"You should go." He said.

I shook my head. "Seth...."

"Leave!" He snapped. He then retreated to his room.