Chapter 32

Seth and I spent the rest of the day just talking. We really needed this. We needed to talk and get to know each other more.

The rest of the week was.....alright. My frequent morning sickness was getting me nauseated.

Roman and Seth were continuing their interesting feud. Night of Champions was the next goal in the WWE. It seemed like everyone was working up to that. Before I knew it, Seth and Roman were put into a match for Hell in a Cell.

"Hey." I said as I met AJ backstage at the next Raw.

"So....exciting match, right?" She asked. "Roman and Seth. Going at it. Seems pretty....."

"Coincidence, huh?" I chuckled, "Roman threw a cinder block at his head. I don't think this is gonna end well."

"I think you should talk to your boyfriend." She said. I looked at her confusingly, "Get him to back out of this."

I shook my head, "As much as I want to, you know I can't."

"I just don't want him getting hurt and then you crying over it. You've been through enough."

"If I try to talk him out of this, he'll feel like I don't think he can do it." I said.

"Do you?" AJ asked.

I thought about it and in all honesty, I didn't know.

"Roman will stop at nothing to get back at Seth. I don't think Seth's ready for that." I said.

AJ nodded, "I agree."

"Anyway, let's talk about your big match. Paige and Nikki. Should be interesting." I said.

"Yeah, thanks for suggesting it." She said sarcastically, "How else do you plan to sacrifice me to those Barbie dolls."

"AJ, you'll be fine. You've got three weeks to prepare. Besides, you're AJ Lee. You can do this." I encouraged.

"You really think so?" She asked.

"Know so."

"If you only felt that way about Seth." She said which instantly made me feel guilty.

I spotted him. He was shirtless with a towel around his neck. He was on his phone. I smiled.

You look cute.

I texted him sweetly.

He looked up after he read my text and smiled when he saw me. He started to come over.

"Speaking of the devil." AJ mumbled.

I gave her a look of disapproval. She tried to escape, but I pulled her back. "I want you guys to talk."

Seth came up and pecked my lips. "Hey cutie." He looked over at AJ who refused to make eye contact. "AJ." He said in a sort of greeting way.

"Seth." She said back.

They both tried to avoid looking at each other. I was so awkward.

"Well," I said breaking the silence, "at least it's words. It's a start."

AJ scoffed and rolled her eyes before taking off down the corridor.

I sighed and turned to Seth. He gently rubbed my shoulders. "She'll come around." He said soothingly. "I don't exactly blame her for hating me. I mean, it's team Darlie for her, right?"

I looked at him sympathetically. "It's us now, Seth. No one's gonna change that. I just wish AJ would be okay with that."

He nodded, "My match is next, babe." He said, pecking my cheek and heading off in the other direction.

"If I were you," I heard a voice say from behind me who I instantly recognized as Roman, "I'd make sure your little boyfriend doesn't get involved in my match with Orton tonight."

I turned to face him. "I have no control over what he does, Roman. I have no part in the authority."

"Why is it so hard for me to trust you?" He asked, "Oh that's right, you turned your back on me.....for him."

"I didn't turn my back on you." I protested, "You chose to leave me. Remember?"

"I didn't leave you." He said. "You're buddy buddy with the authority now. I thought I'd save you the pain of seeing me and Dean suffer."

"So let me guess," I said, "you told him."

"And break a promise? I'm not gonna betray your trust like you betrayed mine, Charlie. I'm not a scum like Seth." He said.

I rolled my eyes, "Goodbye Roman."

I tried to walk away, but this time, he stopped me.

"I tried helping you. I tried making you stay away from him."

I ripped my arm away from him, "That was the thing Roman, I don't need your help. I don't want to stay away from Seth. I'm in love with him."

He surprisingly bursted into laugher, "Really? Love? Is that what you're calling it?" He asked, still laughing, "You're insane."

At that moment, I did something I never thought I'd do to Roman Reigns. I raised my hand and slapped him across the face. He instantly stopped laughing and placed a hand to his cheek, looking at me like is done the most unforgivable thing. What has gotten into him. He's changed these past weeks.

"You know what?" He asked, "You and Seth deserve each other. You're both weak, manipulative sellouts who care about nothing but themselves." He said before heading off down the hallway.

I lost it. I hurled at him with a chair, striking it in his back like Seth had done. I kept hitting him in spite.

Referees and other officials rushed to pull me off of him, but I viciously refused I started throwing punches and kicks. What was wrong with me? I was attacking the guy who was supposed to be my best friend.

The officials dragged me away screaming. Roman quickly got to his feet. "You've changed way too quickly, Charlie." He spat at me. "LOOK WHAT HE'S DONE TO YOU!" He yelled in my face as I was screaming, trying to get free.

We got suspicious looks from superstars and officials all around.

I felt a sharp pain in my back, like a chair shot. I fell to the ground in pain. My vision was blurry as I looked up to see Summer with a chair in her hand.

I blacked out.