Chapter 24

"Charlie and Roman sitting in a tree....."

I awoke slowly and looked at the clock. 8 AM. I didn't exactly know what was going on. I thought I was dreaming. That was until Emma started screaming at the top of her lungs.

"K I S S I N G!"

"Emma!" I groaned.

"First comes love."

"Just friends!"

"Then comes marriage."

"Never gonna happen!"

"Then comes a baby in a baby carriage."

"Having Dean's baby here."

"That's not all! That's not all!"

"Shut up!"

"I heard C and Roman flirting on their sweet phone call."

I threw a pillow at her. She laughed, "You're driving me to school, right?"

"You can walk." I said.

"You're having my love's baby, Charlie. I think you owe me."

"Speaking of Dean's baby...." Then I ran into the bathroom and threw up. Ugh morning sickness.

"You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"Maybe if you wouldn't have had sex with my man......"

"Emma, you were the one just telling me that Dean and I were perfect together. Now you're jealous?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"I'm not jealous. Dean's single. I'm in the clear."

"You're also in the friend zone." I said. "Well.....he's only met you once. You're more like in the sisterofmyexgirlfriend zone."

"I bet he likes me a who's lot more than he likes you right now." She said.

Then my phone rang. "Then why is he calling me?" I asked, showing her the caller idea.

"LET ME TALK!" She said.

"Whoah whoah. Calm down. I'm not gonna answer." I said. She gave me a disapproving look. "I came here to forget about the guys. Not answer their phone calls."

I drove Emma to school and chilled at home for a little while until there was a knock at the door.

"Mark?" I asked as I opened it.

Alex's husband was standing at the door. "Hey Charlie."

"What's up?" I asked, making room for him to come in.

"Nothing much." He said.

Ever since Mark and Alex started dating, Mark and I have become sorta like best friends. He's like a real older brother to me, not just a brother in law.

"What's goin on?" He asked. "How's the company? Worth it?"

"Definitely." I said. "It's everything I've always dreamed of."

"It better be." He said. "All that pounding around on TV gets us worried."

"You guys all watch?" I asked.

"Every Monday we come here and watch." He said.

"Really?" I asked. I never knew that.

"Always." He said. "So how's that baby of yours?"

"Um....good. Yeah, I'm scheduled for an ultra sound soon I think." I said.

"So....why are you on the road so much? Shouldn't you be at home, relaxing now that you're pregnant?"

I sighed. "I love my job. And this came so unexpectedly that I just couldn't leave."

"You're in no condition to travel." He said. "You wanna know something? Emma jumped in joy when she found out you were pregnant because she thought it meant that you were coming home."

I thought about that all day. Emma wanted me home and I understood, but.....I had to stay. I loved my job. Then again, I wasn't doing anything, but standing behind and watching. So why did I stay? I had to stay for something? I narrowed it down and came to the conclusion of why I was really hanging around.

Seth.