Chapter 64

When Seth left to go to his lockerroom, he promised no unwanted attacks by Bray for the rest of the night.

When we couldn't find Dean, AJ and I decided to head home. My tear stained cheeks were obvious as we walked through the door.

AJ gave me a comforting look, but I just walked to the bathroom with no acknowledgment.

I took a shower. I let the warm water calm me down. Thoughts of Bray filled my mind which brought chills to my body. I knew Bray couldn't get me in here. Well.....I certainly hoped not.

When I got out and opened the bathroom door, Dean was sitting on the couch.

"Dean?"

He stood up from the couch and slowly walked over to me.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine. The question it, are you okay?" I nodded slowly. "AJ let me in. You need to let me stay with you tonight."

"Dean...."

"Please. I need to know that you're safe."

"I'll be fine."

He shook his head. "He kidnapped you once. We haven't seen him since, Charlie. He'll do it again."

"You talking about to isn't really helping my anxiety right now."

"I need to stay with you, Charlie. You need to let me stay."

I sighed. "The couch."

He nodded. I got him a blanket and an extra pillow from my bed. I went to brush my teeth and when I returned, he was squished up on the couch. He was sound asleep, but I could tell that was an uncomfortable position.

"Dean?" I whispered.

"Yeah?"

I smiled. "You weren't even asleep were you?"

"On this couch, there's no way." He smirked, still laying on his stomach.

"Still wanna stay here?"

He sat up quickly. "Yes. Staying here......knowing that you're safe......it's worth it not sleeping."

I sighed, "Will you sleep with me?"

His eyes widened and I actually realized the irony of what I'd just said.

"Not like that."

He smirked, "Still want me I see."

I shook my head. "Never mind." I said and quickly hurried to leave the room out of embarrassment.

A hand wrapped around my arm and Dean pulled me towards him. "Of course I'll sleep with you."

I gave him a look.

"Not like that."

I smiled. I didn't actually invite Dean into my bed because of his obvious uncomfort on the couch. It was actually because I was scared to death of Bray and having Dean with me sort of made it okay.

I cuddled up to Dean and fell asleep on his chest.

In the morning, I woke up with Dean beside me. I was on my side and Dean's arms were wrapped protectively around me.

Tight.....really really tight. And I really needed to pee.

I struggled to get away from him, but when I tried to move, he groaned and pulled me closer.

I giggled. "Dean!"

For a moment, I forgot all this was going on and there was just me and Dean and nothing else to worry about. Then I looked down at my left hand to see a nonexistent wedding ring and sighed.