Chapter 72

*Days later*

I was still distant. I'd been staying in my own room to avoid conversation from AJ. Roman and Dean visited often and it looked like things were going a lot better between them. Seth disappeared off the face of the Earth so I never got the chance to talk with him.

I was standing backstage, watching Dean's promo when Mark came up to me.

"Triple H and Steph want you in their office right now."

I nodded and made my way to their office.

"Hi Charlie, please take a seat." Stephanie greeted.

I was surprised they were being so nice. Didn't they know about me and Seth.

"First I just wanted to say that we are both terribly sorry about your baby." She said.

I nodded.

"I hope this isn't too soon to ask, but we'd like to have you back in the ring as soon as possible." Steph said.

I kept a neutral face. "Okay." It's not like I didn't want to be back in the ring. It's the fact that Bray would be there and I really don't want to see him ever again.

"You don't seem happy." Triple H smirked.

I shrugged, "Alot's been going on lately."

They nodded understandingly.

"Take as much time as you need. Just let us know."

I nodded and forced a smile before walking out into the hall, taking a breath of relief as the door shut behind me.

I opened my eyes to see Seth standing in front of me. I jumped surprisingly.

"Oh, hi." I said shyly.

I didn't really know how to talk to Seth at this point.

"Hey."

"How are you? I haven't seen you in days."

"Two days, Charlie. It's only been two days."

"That's a lot for us."

He nodded, "I've been good." He said. "How about you?"

I shrugged. "It hasn't gotten better."

"I'll kick Bray's ass, Charlie."

"You don't have to."

"Yes I do."

"No, Seth, you don't." I said firmly. "Don't get yourself into another predicament that causes someone to be after you. There's already enough people after you."

"I don't give a shit. He hurt you!"

"You can't protect me anymore, remember?"

"So I can't be a friend to you either?"

I sighed. "You asked me to choose, Seth. I chose. It's done. And I know you're angry, but......"

"You don't know a damn thing."

I raised my eyebrows. "So you're not mad at me?"

"I never said I was." He shot back.

"Seems like it." I muttered.

He sighs and combs his hands through his hair. "It just hurts."

I nodded. "I understand if you need some time away from me."

"I don't necessarily want it, but I think I need it."

My heart fell, but I nodded agreeingly. I didn't like this, but I had to agree. I had to help him get over me. I want him to be okay. I want us to be okay.

After Seth left, I went to watch Dean's match with Cesaro.

It was a pretty good match. I nearly lost my breath when I saw Bray sitting in his rocking chair on the match. Dean picked up the victory and stared cautiously at him.

Dean walked towards the ropes. Bray's titantron quickly came on and the lights went off. When they came back on, the rocking chair was empty.

"Alright." I heard Dean say, "We're playin games now."

Then his theme came on.

When he got backstage, he ran over to me. He gently cradled my cheeks and placed a soft kiss on my lips.

"He won't hurt you again, baby."

I bit my lip and looked down. He gently pulled my chin up and captured my lips again.

I forced a smile. "Thanks."

I knew Dean was trying to be as careful as he could. We were back to square one in our relationship. We had to start all over again and I could tell he was trying not to push his limits.

He smiled down at me. "Come on." He grabbed my hand and led me to his lockerroom.

I could also tell that since we weren't like we used to be, he was trying to be as sweet as he could to get us back there.

We went back to the hotel and I cuddled up under the covers, going straight to bed.

About an hour later, Dean joined me, cuddling closely. His hair was damp from his shower. I turned over to face him and clung to him. He wrapped his arms around me safely.

Dean and I were taking this slow. He would stay in my suite with me and AJ, but we didn't have one to ourselves. We needed to take this slow, but having him around couldn't hurt.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you."

I opened my eyes to see Dean's eyes on mine.

I smiled and groaned, "What are you doing?"

"Watching you sleep."

I laughed.

"Is that weird?" He asked.

"Very." I said, shaking my head at him, "What time is it?"

"About 9. I was gonna hit the gym. I was hoping you'd come."

I smiled, "I'm not sure when I'll actually be okay to work out."

He nodded. "Come anyway."

I smiled. Dean liked having me with him every second of every day.......not like that was a problem.

"Actually......I think I'm gonna hang with the girls today. With all the drama going on, I've barely seen them."

He nodded understandingly. "Yeah, I guess so. Call me, okay?"

He finally let me get up and walk over to AJ's room. We have barely seen each other in a week. Well.....technically months.

AJ was already up in the main room. "Hey!" She greeted.

"Hey, I was thinking you, me, and Emma could hang today."

"Sure, C. We just need to get to the Smackdown arena early enough."

I nodded. Well, I guess we were having a girls day!