Chapter 5

Do you ever get that feeling that you've screwed up your life? Everything you've ever wanted has disappeared before your eyes. Like you're crouched down in a corner, hiding away from the rest of the world. I blamed myself. Dean walked away and it was all my fault.

"So, what exactly happened last night?" Roman asked.

We were walking down the corridor of the arena we were filming Smackdown in.

"I couldn't say I felt nothing, but I don't love Seth." I said.

"But you felt something with him? That scumbag? You actually....."

"Roman, please, not you too." I said, not wanting to create an argument that I didn't have enough strength to argue.

"I'm very disappointed in you, baby girl." Roman said honestly.

"Roman Please," I begged, feeling tears approach my eyelids. "You're all I have left."

"I'm not leaving you, Charlie. I'm just very upset with you. You broke my best friend's heart." He said.

"I love Dean. I really do. And I really wanna marry him." I said.

"Doesn't look like that's gonna happen baby doll." Roman said with such amount of disgust in his eyes. "You hurt him, Charlie."

Just then, I saw Seth walking down the hallway. He spotted me and smirked. Roman must've noticed my cautious glance towards Seth who was lurking behind him. He turned around and Seth froze in fear.

"You dick!" Roman shouted before chasing after Seth.

Without hesitation, Seth sped down the corridor. I turned to look at the line up. Dean was next.

Oh God.

I had to be out there with him. How could it have slipped my mind that we're dating on screen.

I rushed to the guerrilla position just in time. Dean was already at the curtain, waiting for his theme song to hit.

"There you are!" Mr. McMahon jumped up from his seat. "Where in the world have you been?"

"Well someone didn't come get me to inform me that we were next." I said, giving Dean a look.

He stared at me with such hatred. "Well maybe if someone wouldn't have kissed my former best friend and brother and admitted she loved him, that wouldn't have happened."

"I never said I loved him." I protested.

"Well, too bad I'm not stupid, Charlie." He said.

I tried to argue back, but Dean's theme song filled the arena. He turned his back to me and walked out. I followed closely behind.

I tried to grab his hand, but he quickly pulled away and kept walking to the ring. He slid in and stood inside.

Dean ended up doing a promo which cause Seth to emerge from behind the curtain to have a part in the nonsense.

Afterwards, Dean and I retreated and headed backstage.

"Good job." I said to Dean.

He didn't even give me a glance. He looked straight forward and started heading down the hallway.

"DEAN!" I shouted and ran over to him.

I quickly ran in front of him and grabbed his wrists.

"Baby please, just listen. Let me explain!" I begged.

"You don't need to explain a thing, Charlie. I understand just fine." Dean said before yanking his wrists away from my grasp.

"I love you!" I said.

"Yeah, apparently I'm not the only one." He said, motioning behind me.

I turned around to see Seth passing by. He glanced at me and smirked. I quickly rolled my eyes and turned back to Dean. I gently touched his chin and made his gaze meet mine.

"Forget about Seth. Dean, I love you. My feelings for Seth are..."

"Feelings? FEELINGS?" He yelled. "YOU HAVE FEELINGS FOR HIM, CHARLIE! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FORGET ABOUT SETH WHEN YOU APPARENTLY SEEM TO HAVE HIM ON YOUR MIND?"

"Dean NO!" I yelled.

"You can deny it all you want, Charlie. You can't take it back." He said. It broke my heart. "You will never be able to fix this."

He spoke slowly and clearly as if to make me understand that he never wanted to even consider the possibility of ever getting involved with me again.

"But Dean.... I love you." It came out as a shushed whisper, but I knew he heard me. He just pretended not to.

I desperately missed the ring on my finger. The one Dean gave me. I remember how it always used to glisten. It used to shine and shoot love into my heart.

Before I could snap myself out of my thoughts, Dean was already halfway down the corridor. I sighed.

"Feeling okay?"

I jumped in fear. I whipped around to see Seth standing tall, smirking.

I pressed my hand over my heart and breathed heavily. "Seth, you scared the shit outta me." I said.

He smirked, "Good." He simply said. "Now how about you agree to come hang out with me tonight?" He asked.

"No. I'm good."

"Come on, Charlie. What exactly is there better to do?" He asked.

"Seth, I don't wanna be anywhere around you. Not now. Not ever." I said clearly, trying to retreat.

I was unsuccessful when Seth grabbed my forearm and pulled me close to him. My instincts immediately kicked in and I yanked my arm away from his grasp.

"Don't Touch Me!" I exclaimed.

He raised his eyebrows and put his hands up in defense. "Whoah." He said. His jaw was dropped in shock. "I was just proposing that we hang out a little. Maybe order a pizza and play some video games or something." He said. "Ya know, it used to be our favorite things to do together."

"Yeah well thanks, but no thanks. I think I'd rather be alone and grieve." I said.

"Listen, Dean's obviously not gonna take you back no matter what you do. So why don't you give another guy a chance?" He asked.

"Jerk! Dean and I just broke up like literally not even 24 hours ago." I said.

"I never said I was gonna make a move on you, Charlie." He protested.

"But how am I supposed to know that?" I asked.

"Listen, I have feelings for you. You know that. You knew that before, but you know there was this period of time where we were something called friends." He said.

"Yeah and you ruined that." I shot back.

"Just give me another chance, Charlie. I thought you believed that everyone deserves a second chance." He said.

"I do." I said.

"Well, have you given me one?" He asked.

I gotta say, he did make a convincing argument. And he was just proposing to hang out, not make out.

"Fine!" I finally exclaimed, "But here's how it's gonna go. We're gonna hang out for a few hours with our cold pizza and video games. You're not gonna sit anywhere near me or touch me in anyway and you will certainly NOT kiss me. Agreed?"

"Yes ma'am." He said, smirking cockily.

"Real funny Rollins." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Hey I'm helping you out here. It's not good to grieve alone." He said.

"Oh yeah, like you're grieving."

"I am." He said simply. I looked at him doubtfully. "Everyone gets upset, Charlie."

"What could Mr. Money in the Bank Seth Rollins be grieving on?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

"The fact that I can't have you." He answered.

I froze.