Chapter 77

I folded the blanket neatly and placed it on the couch I was granted permission to sleep on.

"How'd you sleep?"

I looked up to see Roman who had appeared in the hallway. "Okay." I barely whispered.

"We need to talk." He said.

"Okay."

He sat down next to me on the couch. "Dean came by today. I think he was shocked that you were here, but obviously he didn't stay."

"Of course not."

"I need you to hear me out before you jump to the negativities."

I nodded.

"I think we need to get Dean some help."

I paused and stared up at him.

"He's gone off the deep end, Charlie. There's not much we can do. If we lose Dean, there's no going back."

"I think he's just edgy about what Bray said last night about his dad and me and.......everything."

"He's blaming himself for this entire thing. You losing the baby.....he thinks that's his fault."

"Bray said that last night. I guess his mind games are working more than Dean thinks they are."

"You heard what Dean said. His mind is a very dangerous place to be. He wasn't kidding. We need to do something about this now. Because once we lose him..........."

"And he's close to snapping." I sighed. "Let me try first."

He looked at me with a surprised face.

"Let me talk to him first. He'll never agree to this whole thing. Just let me try and see what I can get out of him."

"I have no idea where the hell he is and I doubt he'll come back knowing that you're here." Roman said.

His words hurt me, but I knew he was right.

Roman texted Dean telling him that I'd just left and he responded with.

Good. I can finally lie down without it being awkward.

I was shocked by his words.

I waited impatiently in Dean's room, tangling my hands together.

"I'm going lie down." I heard him say as he came through the door.

I stood up from the bed, nervous for his return. The door knob to his room twisted open and I bit down onto my lip.

He closed the door and turned around, automatically freezing when he saw me.

"Hi." I said quietly.

"I......what are you doing here?"

"I take it that you don't want me here."

"I......I don't." He said. "Well it's not necessarily that I don't want you here.....it's just.......after yesterday......."

"What? What was so bad yesterday?" I asked. "Was it when we.........." I paused, not exactly sure how to word it, but I was sure he knew what I meant.

"No, fuck no. That was perfect. Beyond perfect."

"Then what is it?"

"It's a lot of things."

"Talk to me, Dean." I begged.

"I can't!"

"Well then you need to talk to someone." I said, tears threatening to escape my eyes. "I wish it could be me. I wish you could just talk to me, but if you don't want to then it needs to be somebody because I'm worried about you."

"And who do you suggest I talk to, Charlie?"

"I don't know. A therapist or something."

With that, his hand immediately grabbed the lamp from the bedside table and threw it against the wall. It shattered into pieces.

"DAMNIT! IM SICK OF PEOPLE THINKING I NEED FUCKING HELP!" He yelled angrily and I jumped back.

"Baby, it's okay to need help. You're at a very tough place right now. It's okay."

"IT'S NOT FUCKING OKAY!"

I tensed up. I couldn't be afraid of him. For both of our sakes.

"Kiss me!" I command.

He quickly turned around to look at me, breathing heavily. Just when I thought he was about to walk over, he stopped himself.

"No."

"Do it, Dean."

"I can't!"

"You can!"

I walked closer to him. I couldn't be afraid of him. He was Dean. He wouldn't hurt me.

"Kiss me, Dean." I said, getting closer and closer, "Now."

"Charlie, just stay the hell away from me, okay? It's for your own good."

I got up onto the bed and kneeled on it. "Just come here. Please."

I could tell he wanted to, but was trying to resist.

"It's me. Charlie. What's with you? I thought you wanted me. Well.....you can have me. Do whatever you want. I won't stop you." I said slowly and clearly. "You don't have to take it slow anymore, Dean. It's okay. I'm okay. I'm giving you a full on invitation to do whatever you want."

He shook his head, but locked the door behind him anyway.

"Look, I'll do anything, okay? I'll even get on the stupid pill. I just want you. Right here. Right now."

He looked frozen and I stretched out my arms to him. Finally, he took a step forward, seeming to be unsure of himself.

When he was close enough, I grabbed his arm and pulled him close to me. I slowly edged his jacket off along with his T shirt. His shirtless images never ceased to make me dizzy.

I noticed his hands were at his sides. I let my knees slide along the bed to be closer to him.

"Touch me. It's okay." I whispered.

He hesitantly lifted his hand and placed it at my side. I was growing impatient and decided to just take my shirt off myself, leaving me in only my bra and jeans.

Without another moment, I pressed my lips against his and was very happy when his hands went to my bare back, pushing me to him.

"Come here." I whispered, pulling him on the bed with me.

I gently trickled my fingers along his stomach which cause him to moan.

"I love you." I said.

I was surprised when he answered. "I love you."