Chapter 45

It was time.

It was finally Night of Champions. In a few hours, Seth and Roman would be going at it, and I knew for a fact that. The ironic thing is that I haven't seen or heard from Roman in days. The last time I actually talked to him was the night he tried to kiss me and there wasn't really that much talking done.

I paced in the halls, waiting for Seth in front of his lockerroom.

My phone rang from my pocket, interrupting my thoughts. It was.....Roman? Wow, what a coincidence.

"Roman?"

"Hey C."

Was he really just pretending that nothing happened between us?

"What do you want?"

"Well, someone's grouchy today." I rolled my eyes.....not that he could see me.

"I just wanted to let you know that I won't be competing against your boyfriend tonight. Now that you're probably overjoyed, I should tell you that I had emergency surgery yesterday." He spoke.

"WHAT!" I was shocked, "What happened, Roman?"

"Incarcerated hernia."

I gasped.

"I'll be alright," he continued, "but I'll be gone for a while. Guess that gives you and Seth all the time in the world without me or Dean messing anything up."

I sighed, "Roman, can we please talk about this?"

"There's nothing to talk about, Charlie."

"Yes there is actually. You kissed me."

He sighed, "I have to go, Charlie."

"No Roman, talk to me."

"I can't. Goodbye."

He didn't wait for me to reply before hanging up. Great. Just great. I knocked on the authority's office to be greeted by Triple H. He invited me in. Surprisingly, there wasn't as much tension as I expected between me and Stephanie.

Still, I got right to the point. "Roman had emergency surgery yesterday and won't be able to compete tonight."

They didn't look surprised at all. "We already know." Hunter cleared up for me.

"Well, when was Seth gonna know?"

Hunter smirked, "All in good time, Charlie. All in good time." He said, making me uneasy, "Now why don't you do us a little favor and keep your little mouth shut and do what's best for business. We'll tell Seth before his match. He finds out before and there will be consequences."

"What are you planning?"

"Charlie, you really need to learn how to mind your own business."

"Why do you even care? If you're gonna tell Seth, why not just do it now and get it over with?"

"Because we need to figure out a few things before we do."

"What are you hiding?"

It turned into an awkward staredown. Before either of us could speak, Seth barged through the door.

"Hey guys, Roman hasn't been seen by any of the superstars. Where is he? Chickening out?" He asked.

Triple H eyed me. I cautiously turned to Seth.

"He'll be here." I said calmly. "Don't worry."

I took one more look at the stupid boss and his uptight wife before barging out the room.