Chapter 42

We stayed in silence. It's more like we both refused to talk to each other. I didn't exactly know if I was angry at him or felt sorry for him. I just knew I didn't want to say a word.

We walk down the hall and I open the door to my hotel room, not exactly knowing if I should tell Seth goodnight.

"Charlie." He whispers before I enter my room.

I place my bags inside and step out. I tried to avoid as much eye contact as I could.

He sighed, "I know your mad." I didn't answer. "I'm not judging you, Charlie. I'm just saying that I'm afraid."

"I just wish you'd stop doubting us." I said quietly, staring at the floor.

"Look at me." He said. I refused. He placed his fingers on my chin and slowly lifted it up. My eyes met his and a spark instantly flashed. "It's not that I'm doubting us. I just think that as much as you didn't want to have feelings for me, we end up together. I'm just afraid that's gonna happen to you and Roman."

"But Seth, it's not."

"How do you know that?" He asks, raising his voice.

"Because I love you." I said, "Roman will never come between that."

"Well if it's not Roman, it'll be Dean!" He shouted.

"Why are you doing this?" I asked, feeling tears approach my eyelids. "Why are you doing this now? Why are you trying to hurt me? After everything."

He sighed, "I'm not trying to hurt you." He said, "I'm trying to prevent myself from getting hurt."

"So this is about you?"

"This is about us!" He snapped.

"And I'm telling you that we're fine. We were perfectly fine until you brought this all up. It's like your trying to ruin this when it barely even started." I snapped.

"I'm just looking at everything at chance here." He said calmly.

"Well, the chances of me going to my room and leaving your dumb ass out here is 100%. I say before running into my room and slamming the door.