Chapter 95

Charlie's POV

"What the fuck do you think you're doing here?"

My eyes popped open as I heard Dean's harsh voice coming from the main room.

"You're not speaking to her."

"Relax."

Seth? Was that Seth?"

"I'm not here to see her. I'm here to see you."

"What?" Dean snapped.

"Bray came to my hotel room last night. We talked for a while."

"Which is exactly why I don't want you near Charlie. She can't trust you. I have no idea why she does."

"I'm not buddies with Bray, Dean. I actually beat his ass and threw him out my room."

"Is that supposed to impress me or some shit?" Dean snapped back.

"Do you wanna know what I came here to tell you or not?"

"What?"

"There's something wrong. I can sense it."

"Yeah, no fucking duh."

"Dean, I'm serious."

"So am I. If you take one fucking step towards her....."

"I won't. I haven't spoken to her. I swear. I just came to warn you. Bray is planning something. I can tell."

"Well thanks, but I don't need you protecting my girlfriend."

"Ya know, she was my girlfriend once, Dean so you have no right to blame me for caring about her." Seth shot back.

"Yeah, because you have some fucking voodoo doll hiding around. Just leave her the fuck alone!" Dean snapped.

"Fine. But when the time comes and all the shit Bray has piled up goes down, don't come running to me."

I heard the door slam and footsteps coming towards my room. The door creaked open and I rolled over to face it.

Dean poked his head though the crack. His face fell when he saw I was wide awake.

"You heard everything, didn't you."

I stayed silent and looked away from him. "I thought there was finally going to be peace between you two." Tears threatened to fall as I stared at the blank ceiling.

"Charlie, I....."

"Just go away, Dean." I whispered.

"Charlie....."

"Please."

My voice was quiet. When Dean finally took a hint and walked out the room, I turned over to my side and cried silently.

I didn't want to be mad at Dean. I loved him, but I couldn't deal with this. Not now.

I stayed in our room for about half the day. At noon, I crawled out of bed. I had Dean's loose t-shirt in with his underwear.

I found myself seriously checking the label to see if it was actually American Apparel. Luckily, it was. Wow. What a 5sos fan he was.

It was only me and Dean. Roman had gone back home to Florida to recover from his injury.

Dean was sitting on the couch when I walked into the room. I slowly approached him as he looked up at me surprisingly.

"Hi." I said quietly, plopping down next to him.

"Hey." He said, chuckling slightly.

Dean seemed so different. So.....bipolar. One minute, he was yelling and cursing. The next, he was so calm and fragile.

"I shouldn't have acted like that." I said.

"No, it's my fault. I'm the one that's not trying. I'm just......I'm just jealous."

I sighed and looked down at the ground. "Dean, I already told you. I don't love Seth, and......"

"Charlie, you've told me that before and it turned out that you did think you loved him."

I sighed. "I don't know how many times I can explain this to you."

"It's not something I can easily forget. I told you. I have trust issues. And he thinks he can just walk around and own you. And protect you. That's my job."

"He cares Dean. You have to understand that. Imagine if you were in her shoes and you cared. You would be the exact same way." I said.

"Yeah, but I'd know my limits."

"No you wouldn't."

"Yes I would."

"No you wouldn't."

"Yes, I...."

"No you wouldn't." I said before he could even finish the sentence. I knew he would do the exact same thing if he were Seth. "Just, try to see yourself as him. He cares, Dean. And I know it hurts, but he loves me. And I trust him."

"You shouldn't."

"I do."

He sighed. "Well then I guess I can try."