Chapter 28

I knocked on the door impatiently. I really didn't need another unreasonable fight with Roman. I just wanted to get in, make sure he hadn't and wouldn't tell Dean a thing, and get out.

He opened the door instantly.

"You didn't tell Dean, right?" I asked, getting straight to the point.

"No."

"And you're not going to tell Dean, right?"

"No."

"Good. As long as we're clear." I said before walking away.

"Hey Charlie!" He called out.

I stopped and turned. "I don't have time for this Roman. I need to get to Seth."

"Yeah, I know. I just wanted to say that I don't care who you date. You're happy and that's all that matters. It just feels like now, you're the one betraying me and Dean." He said before shutting the door.

I stood there in confusion and sadness. I hated fighting with Roman. Roman was one of my best friends. I didn't want to lose him.

I took a deep breath. I just needed to relax. I decided to go to the authority's office to find Seth. Once again, I ran into Randy.

"Yo....so....are we cool now?" I asked confusingly. "I don't really know how this works."

He rolled his eyes and stepped out the way for me to come into the room. I assumed the authority was planning their new plan B.

"So Steph, what do you think of my idea for the Divas title?" I asked.

"I think you had no business being out there." She said to my surprise. "You pleaded your pregnancy case to the WWE universe and gave up your title. That was it. What happened out there was my call, not yours." She said.

That wasn't exactly the answer I was expecting.

"I thought it was a pretty good idea." Seth piped in.

"I never said it was a bad idea. I just said she shouldn't have been out there." Stephanie argued.

"Did you see the crowd's reaction? They love her." Seth encouraged.

"I don't give a damn if they love her or hate her. It wasn't part of the plan." She said. "It wasn't any of her business."

"I was just trying to help." I said.

"Well I didn't need your help." She said sternly.

"Whoah, whoah, Steph." Triple H budded in. "Relax. Charlie was trying to help. I thought it was a great suggestion on Charlie's behalf."

"Sorry Stephanie. I didn't mean to steal your spotlight." I said.

Okay, that sounded better in my head. Stephanie obviously took offense to that.

"Listen here little girl." She said to me. "I am your boss. You don't talk to me like that." She said, getting in my face.

"There's this thing called personal space. Do you mind getting out of mine?" I said, pushing it. She slapped me hard across the face. I fell to the ground in shock.

"Whoah!" Triple H said as he held Stephanie back.

I'd go against her if I wasn't pregnant. Seth rushed to my side. "Whoah, whoah, Steph. Listen, I told her to go out there. It was my fault. I thought it'd be best for business. I'm sorry." He said. "Don't blame Charlie. Listen, I sent her out there. It was me."

He slowly helped me up. "You okay?"

I nodded. "Maybe I should go." I said.

He nodded, "Yeah, okay. I'll catch up with you later." He said.

I nodded. "K. Love you."

He kissed me gently. "I love you too." He whispered, leaning his forehead against mine.

I quietly walked out the room. I was near tears. I just wanted to talk to Seth and I get attacked by my boss. What did I do wrong?

I watched the rest of the show and saw Roman, John, and Chris vs Seth, Kane, and Randy.

Roman speared Kane for the pin as Triple H and Stephanie looked on. Disappointment spread across their faces as their team lost. I was just afraid of what Seth's reaction was gonna be. I noticed him and Roman got into it a few times. I could tell Roman was taking a lot of anger out on Seth and I assumed that a lot of that anger wasn't just because of the Shield. It was because of me. Cena ended the night by AAing Seth on the announcers' table.

A few minutes later, I saw them walk frantically backstage in anger. They all walked in a group back towards the office until Seth spotted me. He slowly came over.

"Hi." I said shyly.

Without a word, he pressed his lips against mine. I, of course, didn't refuse.

He pulled away slowly and sighed. "I needed that."

I gave him a small half smile.

"I know you're upset." He said, obviously noticing my facial expression. "Stephanie was just being a bitch. Don't worry about her."

I nodded slowly.

"Don't start." He warned. "Don't give me the silent treatment, Charlie. Talk to me."

I looked down, not wanting to look him in the eyes, but he soon placed his fingers on my chin and pulled it up, forcing me to look at him.

"It's just that....so much has been going on lately. I don't know how to handle it." I finally said quietly.

He brushed his thumb over my cheek. "I know, sweetheart. I know you're going through a lot. Stuff you probably shouldn't be going through. You're only 20 years old for goodness sakes." I nodded. "But hey," he said. "Guess what? We're gonna get through this."

"How can you just be okay with all of this? How can you be okay with the fact that I'm having another man's baby?" I asked.

"Because I'm in love with you. So I don't care if you're having someone else's baby. Yeah, it hurts cause I wish it was mine. I wish I could share that with you. So yeah, I wish it was mine. But I'm at least grateful that you're mine." He said.

I smiled up at him. "Sorry it took me so long to figure it out." I said.

He shrugged. "It was worth the wait." He said, giving me one of those cute ninja smiles. "You need a ride back to the hotel?" He asked.

I nodded, "Yeah."