Chapter 36

I froze as I heard Dean's voice.

"I guess it's time to come clean, huh?" I asked.

He said nothing.

I sighed, "Dean, you have to understand that I'm in love with him."

"How long?" He asked.

"Dean...."

"HOW LONG, CHARLIE?"

I paused at his yelling. "Few weeks." I answered."

"How could you?"

"Dean, you don't want anything to do with me." I said, "Why should you care if I'm with Seth?"

"Seth is the exact reason we're not together, Charlie. He's the exact reason I've gone off the deep end. He sold out, Charlie. He turned his back on Roman and I. How could you?"

"Dean, I can't control my feelings and I'm sick of you trying to make me." I said firmly.

"You have no idea how big of a mistake you're making." He said coldly.

I paused. "I don't care." I said finally. I wasn't gonna let Dean push me around. It was time to stand up to him. "I don't care if I'm making a mistake. It's a mistake I WANT to make. I love Seth. And there's a big difference between you two. He's here. And you......you're not." I said firmly.

He sighed, "Fine. Then tell me you don't care about me anymore. Tell me you don't love me."

"Dean...."

"No! Obviously you love Seth so you don't love me." He continued.

"Dean......"

"Come on, Charlie." He said, continuing to ignore me. "You seem all big and bad. Tell me you don't love me anymore."

"DEAN!"

"DAMNIT CHARLIE! TELL ME!"

"I still love you. I'm not in love with you!" I said.

He paused. He didn't say another word. The line went dead.

I sighed and collapsed on the couch. I didn't even get to tell him what his baby was. So this was great. Dean hated me. AJ hated me. Roman......I didn't really know how he felt. I was totally being a bitch to all of my friends. I was pushing them away for a man that used to be my best friend.

So I guess it was time to call someone who'd always be my friend no matter what.

"Hey Emma." I said as she answered the phone. "Are you gonna be on Smackdown?" I asked.

"No."

"Wanna hang tonight?" I asked.

So we went to a movie. I had the chance to tell her everything that had been going on. It was nice to talk to a friend who didn't feel like I'd been pushing her away.

"It does seem like you've spent less time with them." She said.

I sighed. I thought about AJ. I'd promised her I wouldn't push her away. I told her I wouldn't room with Seth and I had been.

Maybe it wasn't my friends being the bad guys. They just felt in the position of where they were afraid to lose me. They were also just trying to look out for my well being with Seth. They were afraid he would hurt me. I couldn't blame them for thinking that. I obviously didn't know whether Dean was mad because he was concerned about me or was angry because he still loved me. He couldn't have everything.

The truth was, as Dean was gone, I fell more and more out of love with him everyday. I think Seth had a lot to do with that.

"So, what do you suggest I do?" I asked.