Chapter 70

I woke up in my hotel bed. It had been like this for the past few days. I barely talked to anyone. I stayed in my room and only ate ice cream and slept. Same with Dean. We hadn't even gotten to sit down and talk cause this is all just too much. Chandler was everything to us.

This was different. I opened my eyes to see Dean, Seth, and Roman sitting in chairs by my bed. Wow.....they were in the same room and weren't totally killing each other.

"Hi." I said shyly.

They seemed to be having a calm, normal conversation before I woke. Was this the beginning of something new.......the Shield again?

"Hi baby."

"Hey sweetheart."

"Hey baby girl."

I smiled and slowly sat up. I think that was the first time I'd smiled in days.

"How you feeling?" Dean asked, calmly touching my knee.

I took a deep breath. "I know what you guys are thinking, but I'm not trying to lead you on. This is just hard because if I choose one of you, I may lose the other two and.....after this.....I can't afford to lose anymore people."

"Charlie....."

"Which is why I have to choose." I said, interrupting Dean. "I can't wait any longer because if I do, I may lose all three of you. That's something that I can't do. Not now."

"Charlie, you don't have to do this right now." Roman said.

"Yes, yes I do. The longer I wait, the worse this is all getting. I'm just afraid that I'll lose you guys. But I have been thinking about who I want to be with."

None of them said a word.

"You guys have been the greatest. Through all of this, you've stood by my side and I love you all for it. But........there's only one of you that I'm in love with."

They stared at me, wide eyed, giving me their full attention.

"This started out as the hardest decision I've ever had to make, but then I realized that I have to stop overthinking it and listen to my heart rather than my brain." I said, locking eyes with Dean. His eyes lit up when he noticed my choice of words. "I don't want to break your hearts. You're all great guys and amazing friends." Tears crept to my eyelids. "But I have to. So my choice is........"

They all stared at me wide eyed. I studied each of their faces. I couldn't believe I was about to let two of these guys go. The tears started falling.

"Dean," his eyes lit up, "it's you. It's always been you."

I could almost see Seth's heart sink in his chest. Roman was upset, but he smiled, encouraging me. Dean was a little over excited as he tackled me to the bed, kissing me softly and slowly.

"I love you." He whispered against my lips.

I smiled and stared up at him. "I love you."

I thought for a moment and looked over at Seth. He was staring at the ground and there was nothing, but a hurt expression plastered on his face.

Dean noticed my gaze and quickly got off of me.

I looked at him as well as Roman. "I hope we can still be friends."

Roman nodded. "Of course, baby girl. I'm always here." He said, standing up to give me a hug.

That's why Roman was my best friend. He was always understanding. He headed out afterwards.

I feared Seth's answer. "Seth?"

Seth looked up at me. The hurt in his eyes overwhelmed me, but I could see it was mixed with anger. Before I knew it, he angrily stormed out the room and the tears reappeared on my face.

"Don't worry about him." Dean said. "He's a dick."