"An apology." Elijah said.

"A what?" Damon asked, mocking confusion.

"I'm sorry for the part I played in your death." Stefan says stepping up. "I was protecting Elena, I will always protect Elena."

I sigh dramatically. "I love you to, Stef."

"The Sacrifice is going to happen, Damon. Bonnie will be able to go to kill Klaus without hurting herself. And Elijah knows how to save my life." Elena said. "I told you I'd find another way, and I did."

"Is that true?" Damon asked, looking towards the original.

"It is." Elijah replied.

"And your trusting him?" Damon asked the doppelganger.

"I am." She responded.

"Damon." I mutter under my breath. Damon just walks out of the room.

"He's angry with me right now." Stefan said.

"He'll get over it." I spoke up.

"Perhaps." Elijah nodded.

———

I walk down from my room in the boarding house. And I hear Elena, Stefan and Elijah in the living room. "- that it's actually just a curse place on Klaus." Stefan said as I walked into the living room. I sat down next to Elena while they talked.

"Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect from manifesting. But if he breaks it will be a true hybrid." Elijah informed us.

Damon waltzes in "Then why are we letting him break the curse? We can kill him today, with Bonnie."

"Damon." Stefan gave his older brother a look.

"No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying." Elena spoke.

"I'll right her a great eulogy."

"It's not an option, Damon." Elena looked up at him, her tone was hard.

"All right, how do we break the curse?" Stefan spoke up, changing the subject.

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know."

"The moonstone." The younger Salvatore nodded.

"Which will channel the power of a full moon to release the spelled that bounds within the stone after that, Klaus, will be both vampire and werewolf. He will sacrifice one of each."

Elenas eyes fall to me with worry. "Who do you think he's planning on using?"

"I'm not sure." Elijah says honestly. "But definitely not Nora."

Elena nods, "Where do I fit in?"

"The final part of the ritual, Klaus must drink the blood of the doppelgänger to the point of your death." Elijah says causing my throat to go dry and try to push away the feeling that I had.

Stefan outs his face in his hands and his other hand reaches for hers. "Thats where you come in?"

"This is an elixir that I acquired some five-hundred years ago for Katerina, it possesses mystical properties of resurrection."

"So I'll be dead?" Elena asks.

"And then you won't."

"That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" Damon glared. "Do you want to come back to life? What about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work for humans. The doppelgänger is a supernatural occurrence, odds are the ring won't work." I stated.

"I'll take those odds over his elixir. What if it dosnt work, Elena?" Damon turned to Elena in hopes she would agree with him; she did not.

"Then I guess I'll be dead." She says calmly. "Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this?Does he already have a werewolf?"

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over thousand years if he doesn't have a werewolf already, he will by tonight."

Some time passed and I was sitting on the couch with my legs stretched out on a coffee table when I heard a yell. "Get out." I recognized the voice as my mothers.

I ran to where the voice was coming from and saw my mom holding a crossbow and pointing it at Alaric.