Chapter 40: Would you dance, if I asked you to dance?

HELLO HELLO! PHEW! FINALLY GOT SOME DOWN TIME! IT'S BE CARAAAAZY!! I LITERALLY JUST FINISHED MY MASSIVE SHAKESPEARE PAPER AND WENT ON TO UPLOAD THIS FOR YOU GUYS. I'M NOT REALLY SURE HOW LONG IT IS BUT IT IS LOOOOOONG, MY FRIENDS. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE ENOUGH FOR YOU GUYS UNTIL I CAN UPDATE AGAIN. IT MIGHT BE A WHILE BECAUSE MY EXAMS START ON MONDAAAY! AHH SO NERVOUS :/ 

ANYWAY, THIS IS PART 2 OF THE WEDDING! I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE AND PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE ME COMMENTS! READING THEM MAKES ME STUDY BREAKS SOOOO MUCH BETTER!

REMEMBER WE LEFT OFF WHEN MATT WAS JUST CREEPILY STARING AT HER?...

CHARLOTTE POV

After the montages, chatter erupts throughout the entire ballroom and the light music returns. Waiters rush around to clear the plates out of the way while the staff gathers near the back to prepare the dessert buffet and wedding cake. I look over at the newlywed cove up front and smile when I see Robin whispering little things into mum’s ear as she smiles the happiest I’ve seen her. They’re both still enjoying their dinner, constantly being interrupted by guests’ hellos and congratulations as well as pictures.

Couples start going up the dance floor as the beginning chords of “Hero” by Enrique Iglesias begins. Ella gaps from behind me as I expected; this is probably her favorite song of all time even though she attempts to deny it. We all look at her and she sits back with a shrug.

“Nothing..”

I shake my head at her denial and Harry rolls his eyes beside her, grabbing her hand. “Come on, you.”

She looks confused, or tries to., remaining seated. “What?”

“Stop trying to make it seem like you don’t have this on repeat when it comes on your iPod.” He states with a raised brow and tugs her up as he stands.

A cute smile goes on her face and she stands up, tossing her napkin back on her seat. I can’t help but smile at watching the two head off to the dance floor together. Harry knew her just like I did so I wasn’t surprised that he knows about her secret Enrique obsession.

“I believe I’m owed a dance..” Zayn’s low voice makes me turn to him.

He’s standing now, his hand outstretched to me. I giggle and nod, accepting it. Tugging me to the dance floor, he stops near the edge and turns to face me. With an arm snaked around my waist, pulling me closer into his chest and his other hand in mine, he begins to sway us.

Our first dance as a couple is perfect. We never break eye contact the entire time, his eyes dazzling me in the low light. With impeccably perfect footsteps he creates a bubble around us and I can only hear the music. He pulls our clasped hands up to his lips and presses as soft kiss onto the pads of my fingers. I reach up onto my toes, even with the heels and push my lips onto his, my other hand holding the back of his collar.

“Seriously, get a room.” Ella states in an American accent, completely ruining the moment.

I turn to see her resting her head on Harry’s chest as they sway to the music. The smile on her face is contagious and I find myself laughing.

The ending of the song slowly changes into the beginning of “Everything” by Michael Buble and I shriek excitedly.  A flash of blond hair comes into my peripheral and I turn to see Niall holding a brunette close as they danced. I recognized her as one of Robin’s cousins. Actually all the other boys are on the dance floor with a family member or other and I smile at the sweetness. I’m surprised the girls aren’t falling over, but they certainly look happy. Liam is with Cousin Cora who’s about fifteen and she looks by far the reddest. Big One D fan. I giggle as Zayn moves us dramatically with the music, spinning me out and back into him. While spinning I notice the Louis is holding Great Gran Wilma and mouthing the words to her as she sways happily in that granny way. It makes me laugh harder and I point it out to the rest who also laugh.