Chapter 20: Take Me To A Deeper Conversation, Only You Can Make Me

HI! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL YOU VOTERS! I WANTED 50 VOTES AND I GOT 52! YOU ARE ALL SO AWESOME!! I LOVE YOUUU! AND THANKS SO MUCH TO YOU COMMENTERS!! YOU MAKE ME WANT TO WRITE MORE!! This time I am hoping for 70 VOTES! I know you can do it!! It would mean the world!!!

Remember, Charlotte and Zayn are about to go to Starbucks at night :) Enjooooy!!

CHARLOTTE POV

I told him the directions to the Starbucks near downtown and we made it there in about twenty minutes. Surprisingly it wasn’t as dead as I thought it would be. Apparently the coffee shop was a huge hangout for summer weekday nights.

“Do you want to just drive thru?” I asked, eying the busy outside of the shop while he parked.

He shook his head, “Nah, we’ll be fine.” He reassured, adjusting his beanie before opening the door. I did the same and met him at the front of the car. We both walked towards the door, Zayn keeping his head down and avoiding any attention.

“What do you want? I’ll order it while you find a seat” I looked up at him once we were inside and he just shook his head.

“No you go sit, I’ll get the drinks.”

“Zayn—“

“Go on” He chuckled and I groaned with an eyeroll before walking towards the seats.

Luckily I caught a couple who were just leaving and they offered me their table near the back. I looked around the café as I waited for Zayn, recognizing a couple people from high school who were a few levels below me. And then there were a bunch of older business men with their laptops out and their mobiles to their ears, so I think we were safe.

“Caramel latte, four sugars, extra caramel. Skim milk” Zayn placed the tall drink in front of me before taking a seat.

My mouth was in an O shape as I watched him casually sip his drink, “How did you know?”

“That’s all you ordered while you visited us on tour, remember?”

“Yeah, but how did YOU remember?” I laughed, happily drinking my coffee.

He shrugged with that little smile of his as he continued to drink. I found myself smiling back, a hand rested on my cheek.

“So update me, tell me about your life, Charlie”

“I’m always talking about myself. You tell me about your life Z”

He shook his head, “anything you want to know you’ll probably find in a magazine.”

“That’s not true. There’s plenty those fans don’t know about you.”

He chuckled, “You would think, right?”

“Come on, give me the Zayn Malik exclusive” I winked with a grin.

He laughed loudly and set his coffee cup down. I didn’t hesitate to pick it up and try it. Surprisingly it was actually amazing. “Mm! What is this?” I took another couple sips and Zayn grabbed mine.

“If you’re gonna finish it..” He started drinking mine,” And it’s a vanilla iced coffee with caramel and mocha. This is actually really good, Charlie.”

“How did you think of such a creation?” I asked absolutely loving his drink. The boy had good taste in coffee.

He shrugged, “Dunno, just mixed all the good flavors together.”

“Wanna switch?” I laughed and he nodded.

“Hell yeah”

I giggled as he high fived me and we sat enjoying the drinks for a bit.