Chapter 55: Times Square can't shine as bright as you..

HII MY WATTIES! HERE'S THE NEXT INSALLMENT! THIS TOO IS A FILLER-ISH CHAPTER. BUT NEXT CHAPTER IS WHERE IT'S AT. IT'LL BE A LITTTLEEE SHORTER, MORE INTENSE, AND JUST SO EXCITING , AND  UPDATED LATER ON THIS WEEK HOPEFULLY SO COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT! 

I curl into my blanket, tucking it under my exposed toes and reach my hand out to take my newly made mug of coffee off the table. Insomnia blows, man. I just couldn’t fall asleep tonight, and Zayn’s vintage clock over the telly proves my point with its 2:56 hands. The coffee isn’t really helping me, but I need something to keep me company, along with some Friends with Benefits, seeing as my boyfriend is across the Atlantic. Damn I miss him. Stupid New York. I haven’t spoken to him in five days because he’s been at nonstop interviews and gigs and ugh. I’ve been holding back from contacting him besides the regular tweet here and there, but he hasn’t even answered those. But that’s nothing new, is it. Everyone thinks he’s stuck in a bathtub because that’s the last thing he tweeted a week and a half ago.

As Mila Kunis starts doing the deed with Justin Timberlake for the nineteenth time since the movie began, I realize I can no longer fight the urge. Pulling out my phone from my bundle of blankets, I’m already expecting to see my inbox with no new messages, but that doesn’t mean I won’t give it a try.

Hey there Zayn what’s it like in New York City? Xx

I try not to stare at the phone because it’d be silly to wait. He’s probably wrapping up the last show of the day in Manhattan and doesn’t even have his phone on him.

An hour later I’ve completely forgotten about it and have also moved on to Magic Mike which let’s face it, worked better than the coffee at keeping me awake. When my mobile rings, I can hardly peel my eyes away from the screen as Channing Tatum pretty much makes every girl’s dreams come true. But one quick glance down at my phone and a whole other dream comes true. Okay, fine not  a dream because that’d be really dramatic. But Zayn’s face lighting up my screen pretty much makes my entire week.

“Baby!” I greet in excitement.

“I’m a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty” He sings on the other line in his soft low baritone. “Yes you do. Times Square can’t shine as bright as you. I swear it’s true.”

My heart flutters with each lyric and at the fact that he caught the reference in my text.

“I miss you, boyfriend.” I lay back against the throw pillow.

“I miss you too, Littles.” He answers, “What are you doing up so late?”

“I can’t sleep” I pout. “Your side of the bed has become like an igloo.”

He chuckles half-heartedly. “Want me to send you a space heater, doll?”

I shake my head at him, “Is it the Malik brand?”

He chuckles for real this time. “Baby, aint nothing like the Malik brand.”

“I know. I’ve tried so many others, they just don’t cut it.” I sigh dramatically.

“You better hope you’re joking, little girl.” He says in mock seriousness.

“Come home alreadyyyy” I pout , burrowing deeper into my blanket.

“God, I wish.” He breathes out. “I miss your shortpants running all over the place.”

“The short comments make the whole thing easier.” I deadpan and he laughs loudly. “But that laugh doesn’t.” The ache in my chest is back and I try to push it away.

“One more month exactly, baby.” He assures. “We’ve done nearly three so far, we can do one more.”

“I know.” I mutter. “What are you doing?”