Chapter 21: Suppose I Said You're My Saving Grace...

I LOVE YOU ALL!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THOSE VOTES!! IM SO HAPPY WITHA THE FEEDBACK IM GETTING AND CNANOT WAIT TO CONTINUE THIS STORY!! PLEASE KEEP IT UP AND MESSAGE ME WITH ANYTHINGGG!! AND VOTE VOTE VOTE!!

Remember we left off with Zayn telling Charlotte that she's a strong person and what not?..

I felt his hands on my face, the backs of his thumbs swiping at the tears that were easily falling down my cheeks. I laughed softly and shook my head, helping him clear away the evidence, but he only moved my hand away and took over the job.

“Sorry, I’m a crier if you haven’t already noticed.”

He chuckled softly, “I didn’t want to make you cry. I wanted to do the opposite and make you smile. I think I might need more practice if this is how it turned out.”

I laughed again, “You’re amazing. Those words. I just..” I literally was speechless.

He kept stroking my cheek even though the tears were long gone. It was almost like he was absentmindedly doing it. His gaze held mine so intently that I literally started getting goosebumps. Oh Zayn, you’re going to be the death of me.

“You just..” He tried to let me finish and I was completely lost- no recollection of even speaking to begin with.

“Just um.. I… what was I saying?” I asked and he chuckled softly.

“I have no idea.” He replied with a growing smile.

I looked down to hide the blush that was once again forming on my cheeks, busying myself by sipping my coffee.

Before I could reply, a different ringing sounded and he immediately began checking his pockets. Pulling out his mobile he glanced at it and mouthed a sorry to me before picking it up. To be honest I was thankful for the break in conversation. Zayn seemed to keep me on my toes and I was glad to take a rest for a bit just to collect myself .

“Hey babes” He greeted , staring down at the table. “yeah, that’s because I knew you’d be with Natasha all day.” His face dropped, eyebrows furrowed again.

I looked away from him, feeling like I was intruding on the conversation. The café had quieted down to some extent which was no surprise seeing as it was nearly midnight. I loved the atmosphere of it all; the powerful smell of coffee beans, loud blenders going on and off, hushed conversations between people at their separate tables, and most of all the light coffee shop music that was playing. Right now John Mayer’s velvet voice was making the atmosphere even lighter and more peaceful. People often sought nature or their bedroom for solace and I completely understand that, but was it weird that to me, this was solace? A coffeeshop in downtown Holmes Chapel? With Zayn? Maybe not just Zayn. Ella and Harry and mum too. They definitely gave me solace. I realized Matt wasn’t on that list. And it actually didn’t bother me like it should. My own boyfriend not on the list of those who give me peace. I sighed and shook my head from any more thoughts of that. Zayn was still crouched in his chair, phone to ear so I leaned back and closed my eyes, letting the music pour over me.

“But babes, you said tomorrow you weren’t free.” His voice was louder, snapping me out of my thoughts.

He was now hunched over in his chair, head in hands as he spoke to her.

“Okay then.. that’s fine…” He did not sound fine. He sounded like the time Niall and Louis took his blow dryer as a joke. “No, it’s just I imagine I should be the one initiating, but I’ll take what I can get I s’pose.”

He caught my eye when he looked up and I smiled at him, hoping it would lighten his mood a bit. Clearly that Geneva was becoming a handful. To my surprise me immediately smiled back, although not the usual full on grin.