Chapter 27: Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop

HIII! HERE'S A CHAPTER!! THE LAST CHAPTER GOT ME SOOOOO MANY COMMENTS AND VOTES I LITERALLY CRIED!! YOU GUYS MAKE ME SO HAPPY AND I REALLY NEED THAT. THANKS SO MUCH! SO SO SOOOO MUCH!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST READERS IN THE WORLD. PLEASE KEEP IT UP. THIS CHAPTER IS.... WELL I'LL LET YOU DECIDE. JUST REMEMBER I HAVE HUUUUUGE PLANS FOR THIS STORY, SO DON'T WORRY!! 

CHARLOTTE POV

“Where to my kidnapper?” I asked as I fixed my seatbelt.

“I hardly call this a kidnap. You seem willing enough. In fact, it was you who dragged me out.” He chuckled while putting the car in drive.

“Hm, good point, except there seems to be a flaw.”

“Oh?” One of this dark eyebrows peaked out from behind his black RayBans.

“You seem quite willing also, am I right?” I smiled cheekily.

He returned it, setting his arm lazily on the console so his hand was just hanging. The long perfectly shaped fingers moved slightly to the beat of the song playing in the background. I would be lying if I said it wasn’t tempting to just fold my fingers between his. The size difference would have his hand completely engulfing mine and the skin tone difference would be more obvious. I love his skin, just the perfect permanent tan and not a single flaw. Much better than my in between tan and pale. I could never find foundation that suited me perfectly. I wondered how that would feel. Just my palm flat against his and his fingers pressed between mine. Matt and I never held hands. I don’t even remember the last time he did public displays of affection.

“So how was breakfast with Harry?” He broke my train of thoughts that were going nowhere good.

“It was good. We went to this little bistro, I’ll have to take you sometime.” I smiled at the thought. “Mum, Harry, and I used to go all the time.”

“I’d like that” He smiled softly, glancing at me and then back on the road. “And the paps have no idea about it, I’m sure” He continued and I groaned softly.

“That was the case. Not any more.”

Zayn’s eyebrows furrowed, “What do you mean? The paps finally managed to get a picture of you?”

I turned completely to him, “You were thinking it too? I swear just this morning I was loving the fact that none of the tabloids or sites had me in them.”

He sighed, shaking his head, “I was hoping it would remain that way until we left. I know how much you don’t want to be a topic of interest with the fans.”

I don’t even know how he got that idea, but he was right. “I love them, I promise. I just don’t want…”

“The attention?” He finished and I nodded immediately. “My sisters feel the same way. Especially Safaa. One time she and I were at the mall, just doing some shopping for a birthday party she had and a group of about ten or so girls just ran up to us.” He stopped for a minute to let another driver go before going on. “It was just a bunch of screaming and I was completely used to it. But Safaa was really scared. She was buried into my side the entire time and I don’t know.. I just worry about her when I’m not there.” His relaxed face turned into a grimace and I had an urge to just hug him because just from being there I could feel how conflicted he was. So instead, I did the next best thing.

I don’t know what was happening until it did, but it only took a second for my hand to be in his, fingers entwined like I imagined. And it was even more perfect than I imagined. His palm so soft and smooth against mine; my fingers folding perfectly onto the back of his hand which was equally as smooth. It took him less than a second to respond, his long fingers also folding over the back of my hand, the tips rough and callused, unlike the rest of his hand. His index finger gently traced soothing circles into my skin. It took me a moment to collect my thoughts.