Chapter 43: This sick, strange darkness comes creeping in..

HIII! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! AND HAPPY KISS YOU!!!!! AND HAPPY HAYLOR SPLIT!!! :D HERE'S A NEW CHAPTER FOR YOU ALL. THIS IS A REALLY IMPORTANT ONE AND LEADS TO AN EVEN MORE IMPORTANT ONE NEXT TIME. YOU GUYS, I'M REALLLLYYYY GOING TO NEED YOUR FEEDBACK ON THIS!! THIS ONE IS A LITTLE SHORTER THAN NORMAL, BUT THAT'S ONLY BECAUSE I HAD TO END IT THERE BECAUSE THE NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE A LOT MORE INTENSE. 

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!!!

CHARLOTTE POV

“No really though, which one?”

Her loud laugh sounds over the other end as I skim through the latest Sugar magazine. “I don’t know, Choo!”

I scoff, flicking a page, “Do not even! You know which one. Just say it.”

“Contrary to your awful beliefs I do not sleep with just any guy.” She states matter of factly.

“Yeah. I know that” I agree, “But these lads aren’t just anyone. They’re celebs.”

“Yeah?” She asks dramatically. “Had no idea, Choo.”

I roll my eyes, “Just say it.”

“Who would you sleep with?” She tests and I shake my head.

“Baby, I’m a taken girl. So the answer is Zayn Malik.”

“Not sure you’re following through with that one, eh?”

I gasp, “Shut up! It’ll happen eventually.”

“Yeah eventually.. and zipper sex doesn’t count.”

I gape at her insinuation as she cackles on the other end. “I totally regret telling you about that!”

“Oh come on, I’m just teasing.”

“You are not, cute Penelope”

She scoffs, “’Course I am. Max said so.”

I raise an eyebrow, “Max eh? Why didn’t I see that coming?” I stretch out my legs, wiggling my toes into the cushions. “So he’s the answer then?”

She sighs, “Takes a lot more for a guy to get this than by just calling me cute, Charlotte.”

“Alright, but honestly, jokes aside.”

“Yeah?” Her tone is now serious.

“Who in The Wanted would you sleep with?”

“Charlotte!” She exclaimed with a groan, “You are unbelievable.”

“Just say it”

“Nobody!”

“Bullshit!” I laugh along with her.

“Honestly. I promised myself next time I’m.. intimate with someone will be when I’m in love.”

“Hmm.. alright, I’ll take your word for it.”

“Annoying, you are.”

“Well what do you want from me? I’m bored over here.” I groan, throwing my head back against the arm of the sofa.

“You doing alright though, yeah?” Her voice is lower with concern and I sigh, nodding.

“Yeah, so far so good.” I’m thankful she can’t see me because she somehow had a ridiculous ability to detect when I’m lying.

“Great, you’ve almost made it a week on your own!” She gushes, “So proud of you”

She didn’t need to know that for the past five days I hadn’t been getting sleep. That nightmares plagued me every time I shut my eyes. That I would resort to taking naps at the studio after practicing old routines. Nobody needed to know that. Not my mum, not Harry, and surely not Zayn. They would all drop everything and come here. So that’s why I’ve mastered a completely cheerful tone when talking to any of them about how I was doing. It’s the only way this would work.