Chapter 25: But I can't help the fact that everyone can see these scars..

HI AGAIN! I SAY THIS EVERYTIME BUT I HOENSTLY AM IN LOVE WITH EACH ONE OF YOU!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THAT FEEDBACK! IT HONESTLY MOTIVATED ME TO WRITE SO MUCH. I WAS CONTANTLY THINKING ABOUT THE PLOT EVERYWHEREEEE I WENT BECAUSE I WANTED TO GET THIS CHAPTER OUT TO YOU GUYS SOO SO SOOO BADLY. IT'S GONNA BE A LONG ONE!! I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE IT, IT REALLY TOOK A LOT OUT OF ME, BUT YOU'RE ALL SO SO WORTH IT!! <33

CHARLOTTE POV

I hummed to myself as I went through each hanger, adjusting the sensors on the items. The store was almost dead today and I was thankful for that. For once there weren’t customers crawling all around and ruining all the displays that I so diligently put together. Jamie had given me the most tedious job in the whole agenda which was replacing all the old sensors. I had been at it for two hours now and was starting to go mad. I couldn’t complain though, because initially she wanted me to help her with flipping shipment again. I don’t know how many times I have told her that I can’t lift any of those boxes even if I tried, but I think she’s just pretending to forget in hope that I’ll forget. I miss the old manager. I looked up at the clock near the door and sighed in relief to see that I only had an hour left of my shift.

“Charlotte, just dress those new mannequins in the new merchandise from that box” Jamie called as she walked past me and back to the office.

I inwardly groaned and threw the sensor-er down onto the counter, walking over to the display. As I began dressing the first mannequin, my mind started wandering. Harry had come home from London yesterday night and had gone straight off to bed, not bothering to tell me anything that happened. I had a feeling it wasn’t good news and I didn’t want to push. However, I was going to ask him about it after work. He was still sleeping when I left this morning, as was Zayn. Speaking of Zayn, I hardly saw him yesterday, only in the morning at breakfast. Matt was there too, having brought some things from Ella’s mum’s bakery. Throughout the whole meal he and Zayn were giving little verbal jabs to each other, making the whole thing rather uncomfortable for me. The whole time Matt was saying something about losing. Losing what? I don’t know. And Zayn was going on about lipstick. When I asked what he meant he asked me what kind of lipstick I wore because he wanted to know if Geneva wore the same one. Weird? YAH. After that, he left and I hadn’t seen him since. Apparently he was out with Geneva all day He had every right to do whatever he wanted. She was his girlfriend after all. I wasn’t annoyed. I wasn’t.

As for Matt, well he apologized of course for being an ultimate dick. This time no flowers, thank God. Instead he had some dinner he had picked up for me and heated it up after I woke up. I really didn’t expect him to do it and he was extra sweet actually, which was also something out of the ordinary. Matt wasn’t one for displaying so much affection, at least not anymore. But that day and all of yesterday he was all over me. He took me to a park and we had a picnic which was actually very lovely. Maybe he was going back to his old ways?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when the chiming of the door went off signaling a new customer. I looked up and smiled wide when I saw Matt’s tall figure walking over to me, hands in pockets. He was wearing a dark shirt, tucked into some trousers so he obviously was back from work.

“Hey sweetie”

I put the mannequin against the glass and walked over, throwing my arms around him. “HI!”

He chuckled and kissed my cheek and then my mouth before stepping back. “How’s work?”

I shrugged, “It’s work. You?”

“Eh, got off early. I finished all the necessary paperwork and decided to see my girl.”

I cocked an eyebrow, “I’m not even going to ask, I’m just going to enjoy this before you remember your old ways.”