Chapter 62: A few of my favorite things

HELLO LOVELIES!!! SO FIRST OF ALL I WANT TO THANK YOU ALL SO SO SOOO MUCH ON ALL THE COMMENTS AND MESSAGES ABOUT THE LAST REALLY LONG EPIC CHAPTER I POSTED. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY I AM SOO SO SOOOO HAPPY WITH YOUR FEEDBACK ON THE NEW STORY. AH! SO EXCITED THAT YOU ARE ALL SO HAPPY ABOUT IT!!!

ONE THING I WANT TO ADDRESS IS: YES, THE NEW STORY WILL TAKE TIME AWAY FROM MRTB: SEASON 2, BUT THAT DOESN'T MEAN I WON'T WRITE IT. THE UPDATES MAY BE SLOWER, BUT THE UPDATES ON THE NEW STORY WILL BE STEADY AND I THINK YOU GUYS WILL BE HAPPY WITH THAT. I HAVE PLANNED OUT THE FIRST CHAPTER AND IT IS SO MUCH DFFERENT THAT MRTB AND IM EXCITED TO SHOW YOU GUYS THAT SIDE OF MY WRITING. 

NOW BACK TO THIS STORY. THIS CHAPTER IS SHORTER THAN THE LAST, AND KIND OF A FILLER, BUT I THINK YOU GUYS NEEDED ONE OF THESE. IT HAS A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING AND KIND OF REMINDS ME OF THE EARLY CHAPTERS OF MRTB. NOW I HATE TO ADMIT IT EVEN TO MYSELF, BUT THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE THE LAST CHAPTER OF MRTB ADN IT WILL TAKE A BIT LNGER TO PERFECT. I WANT TO DO THIS STORY JUSTICE AND REALLY WANT TO GIVE YOU GUYS SOMETHING GREAT. I ALREADY HAVE IT PLANNED OUT AND I CAN'T WAIT TO START WRITING IT. 

STAY TUNED FOR ANOTHER MESSAGE FROM ME AT THE END OF THIS CHAPTER. BIG NEWS! :) ENJOY!

CHARLOTTE POV

The twinkly lights strung along the tree cast little colorful shadows on all our faces as we huddle around it. With wrapping paper and little bows and presents strewn everywhere, we enjoy our mugs of cocoa and tea whilst the stereo plays the Jessica Simpson Nick Lachey version of Baby it’s Cold Outside. Christmas Morning has always been my favourite thing ever at our house. Mum would wake us up super early and have breakfast already in the living room so we can eat and unwrap gifts near the tree. And the only difference about today is that Robin is here adding more happiness to it all.

Harry and I laugh when he pulls Mum up and begins swaying with her to the music, despite her giggles and attempts to step away.

“Oh go on, Anne!” Harry jeers and she playfully kicks in his direction, succumbing to Robin’s charming ways and letting him take her around the coffee table.

I watch them with a smile taking over my face, loving seeing her as happy as she is right now. She deserves it. Those six years alone she’d been working hard to be an amazing mum, friend, and provider. She needed someone to take care of her now, someone she’d actually let because no matter what Harry bought or did for her, she will always see him as the son she has to take care of.

I’m snapped out of my thoughts when I feel a tug on my arm. Looking up, Robin’s face is smiling down at me as he sings along the words. I giggle and shake my head, but get up to join him on the makeshift dance floor. Harry and Mum are beside us dancing as well and as absolutely strange and cheesy it all is, I can’t stop smiling and laughing as we bump into each other and dance along.

It’s around two in the afternoon once our mess is cleaned up. Mum has already set up camp in the kitchen for our annual Christmas dinner party. As I wash our dishes, she scurries around me taking random ingredients out of the cabinets and refrigerator. I’m washing the last pan when I jump from her scream and the sound of something pattering on the floor. Turning around to see the damage, a scream comes out of me as I’m suddenly plummeting to the floor, legs going in opposite directions literally in a split. I’m stunned for a few moments, looking down at the bright pink liquid splattered along our black and white tiles. Mum is staring up at me, eyes wide and still processing it, empty container in hand.