Chapter 54: Need to see your face, I need to look in your eyes

HIII! NEW CHAPTER IS HERE JUST LIKE PROMISED. IT'S A BIT SHORTER THAN THE LAST, BUT THAT'S BECAUSE THE NEXT ONE IS A BIG ONE. YOU WILL LOVE ITTTT, GUARANTEED! IM GONNA NEED YOU GUYS TO NOT BE SILENT READERS AND LEAVE SOME NICE LONG COMMENTS TO HELP ME FINISH UP THIS NEXT CHAPTER BC IVE HIT ANOTHER FREAKING WALL. SO IF YOU WANT THE CHAPTER OUT LATER ON THIS WEEK PLEASE COMMENT WITH ANY THOUGHTS, BESIDES 'UPDATE' OR 'LOVED IT', EVEN THOUGH I LOVE THOSE COMMENTS TOO. 

ENJOY!!!

The mid November wind nearly knocks me over as I rush to cross the road between traffic signal changes. Of course I chose early evening to go out when everyone and their mother is out and about. The bag in my hand is nearly ripped out as I pass by another pedestrian who seems to not realize that he can walk without swinging his briefcase. Luckily, I tighten my grip on it before it falls in the middle of the road and renders my voyage to the chemist useless. A small scream slips out when I feel the heel on my boots dig into some frozen puddle against the curb. I’m not proud of it, but I manage to hang on to a random woman’s scarf to steady myself. Got a few chosen words bitten at me, but I didn’t fall and that’s all that matters, innit? Ali so owes me.

I see his small building up ahead and step it up a bit, wanting to get out of this freezing cold already. I’ve forgotten how ridiculously cold the British November got. It’d even already snowed last week! I take the steps to the front door quickly, not even bothering to hold the door open for the woman behind me because Goddamn she is slow and still taking the steps. Ali’s building is small, only four floors and maybe three flats on each. I don’t bother knocking when I get to his door, using the key he gave me months ago to let myself in.

“I’m back, sicky!” I call into the small flat.

I don’t get a reply as I’m taking off my shoes and overcoat. “Aliiii, where are you?”

“Honestly, where do you think I am?”

Ah, still grumpy then. I roll my eyes, walking into his kitchenette and grabbing a few things from the refrigerator for him. I put the newly bought medicine on a tray along with a bottled water and sweets he requested.

“Really..” I deadpan as soon as I walk into the stuffy room. “Still in the same spot I left you?”

Ali is propped up by pillows, hair a complete mess and hanging over his forehead. He’s looking at me through squinted eyes.

“No no, I ran a few marathons while you were gone. You just missed it.”

I roll my eyes. “Cheekiness will get you nowhere, Leelee.”

Climbing onto the bed, I set the tray on his lap and reach over to feel his forehead. Last night Ali had said something about starting to feel kind of ill while we were at dinner, but decided against taking medicine. This morning he had to go to the doctor and turns out he’s been hit with the flu that’s been going around. And by flu I mean a wicked case of the man cold because damn he’s been bitter all morning.

“Still warm.” I sigh, opening the medicine for him and taking out the two pills needed.

“Thanks for getting this, Tot.” He says through a gruff voice.

I smile, “What are friends for if not taking your moody crap and drugging you up?”

“Don’t I know it.” He says with an arched brow and I smack his leg.

He’s referring to a few months ago when I returned from Italy. My back had been acting up since and I’ve been put back on less strong pills. To add, now that the cold has set in, it’s been hurting a lot worse too. The metal of the bullet makes some sort of electric, I guess you can call it, feeling to randomly happen and it’s literally the most miserable time. And that’s what Ali’s been referring to because just two weeks ago I remember bitching at him for literally no reason because I was so miserable.