Chapter 9: Come Home, Because I've Been Waiting For You

My shoes made an annoying slapping sound against the hard marble floor of Ringway Airport as I walked though the terminals. Harry had told me he would be arriving at Terminal C; it was a small airport so it wasn’t so hard to find. What also helped was a group of ten or so girls standing looking extremely giddy with cameras and books in hand. I swear, how they found out about where the boys would be astounded me. There was nothing about him coming home written anywhere. Maybe it’s because they knew the tour had ended yesterday? Oh God, had they been camping out for the whole day? Those directioners were such sweeties, I tell ya. All for just a few moments to see Harry.

I looked up at the sign overhead and true enough, it had 13B written against the yellow background in bold. Since it was a private terminal, there were poles with that black stretchy ribbon stuff blocking any entrance.  What was that stuff called, anyway? They had it at banks too.. eh, doesn’t matter. You know what I’m talking about. I stood a few meters behind the girls, not wanting to draw too much attention to myself. I doubt they would know I was his sister, but by the looks of it they were die hard directioners and they just might. I stood beside the baggage claim and pushed my sunglasses over my head so I could see more clearly. It was another sunny day in Cheshire so I had taken advantage and pulled on my favorite outfit. It was a high-low skirt Ella and I often shared. It reached right above my knees in the front and trailed longer in the back. With it, I paired a deep scoop-neck hot pink three quarter sleeved shirt tucked into it and my floral flats. I don’t even know why they made a noise because there was no heel, but I was happy to finally stand and stop those slapping noises every time I took a flipping step. I opened my white Chanel clutch, another gift from Harry, and looked through for my mobile. It was almost two and from looking at the screen above the door, his flight was right on time.

Just then I received a text from Ella:

Let me know when H has blessed Holmes Chaps.

I giggled and shot her a reply just as the baggage claim belt started spinning and the first few luggages  came out. I already knew that the plane had finally arrived before the announcement was even made.

“Flight 359 Toronto Gate 13B has arrived. Flight 359 Toronto Gate 13B has arrived”

I felt my adrenaline peak and a wide smile on my face as I started hopping in place, not being able to contain my excitement. From my spot I can see the door open before passengers emerged, heading directly towards the baggage belt. I stood on my tippiest toes, trying to see around the girls. When the screaming began I knew he was out.

“Harry!!”

“AHH!!!”

As all that was going on as I saw the girls all swarm in one direction (hah). Through their movements I can see tufts of that famous hair of his, sometimes his arm when he hugged one of them. I waited a couple minutes, hardly able to contain myself before he was done greeting them and stepped around them. They looked absolutely star-struck, some even teary-eyed as they watched him. But I no longer was looking at them.

He was dressed in a plain black T-shirt and white trousers held up by a white belt. He held a sweater in one arm while the other held a bag on his shoulder. He looked around, his head craning left and right, eyes covered behind black RayBans. I knew he was looking for me, but with all the people crossing in front of me it was hard for us to completely see each other. I watched as he headed for the baggage belt, lifting his glasses over his hair so that his fringe was pulled back. As he was walking he glanced at me, continued walking, and double took immediately. His eyes that were so identical to mine stared right back at me, his smile wide as his footsteps rushed at me. I jumped in my spot waiting for him to get close enough before I could jump at him. And that I did.