tenma x male reader, above the tree

DEAREST,
CUTIEkitty301

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

I fixed the strap of my bag as I saw the gates of the proud institution where I would soon be studying; Raimon Jr. High. A soccer powerhouse school that was responsible for educating the renowned soccer players from Inazuma Japan.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited. Studying in Raimon has always been my dream, and now, I would get the chance to study with the current generation of soccer players from Raimon, who won the Holy Road tournament which happened last year while I was studying abroad.

It was an amazing match that had me fired up even if I was just watching from overseas.

To my surprise, a familiar face appeared on television; an old friend of mine, Matsukaze Tenma. He was the one that ultimately lead the team to victory and I couldn't be more proud to call him my friend.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen him in a while, I wonder how he'll react to seeing me? I chuckled to myself, to think that I would feel so giddy just by thinking about him. Well, it's just like they say, Distance makes the heart grow fonder. My case is probably the dictionary definition of that.

I stood in front of the gates leading into the school. Who knew that just standing in it's presence would make me so nervous? But... I feel like, that's not exactly why I'm nervous, rather, it's knowing the fact that I was gonna study in the same school as him.

While I was studying abroad, I was surrounded by all sorts of people, and many of them had all sorts of experiences with love. They were nice, and we became friends almost immediately. It was with them that I fully realized my feelings.

Sighing to myself, I calmed my loud, and beating heart before I finally made the decision to enter the school.

Tenma...

I looked around the school as I tried to familiarize myself with my surroundings. This is where I'll be studying with you, Tenma... I shook my head, feeling my face heat up as my mind instantly began to fill up with thoughts about my childhood friend.

It's been so long since we last saw each other... Will he even remember me? I couldn't bear the thought of him forgetting me.

"I'm glad you're being honest with yourself, M/N!"

I passed through the entrance, before I made my way around the school, and to where I saw the soccer field. There were soccer players already practicing there, and even from afar I could feel all the passionate and fiery plays made by the players.

"Over here! Tenma!" After hearing his name, I quickly hid behind the wall where the shadows made it harder for them to notice me.

"Hm? M/N, you look like you're aware of your feelings, but you still look like you're in doubt."

I rested the palm of my hand to where my chest was. I could hear my heart thumping loudly through my ears, and it was almost deafening. "Calm down... M/N, he's just your friend!" I whispered to myself as I turned away from the soccer field.

"He's just your friend!" I repeated to myself, squeezing my eyes shut as I could hear nothing else except the beating of my own heart.

"Eh? So you do like him! I knew it! HAHA!!"

"Why am I suddenly remembering that talk I had with Ren-senpai?" I mumbled, silently cursing myself for remembering that conversation I had with my Senior, prior to my departure. I began taking deep breaths as I chanted quietly to myself, "He's just your friend... he's just your friend... he's just your-"