tenma, smile

DEAREST,
elisacat

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

——— MATSUKAZE TENMA...

I looked into the seat beside me and sighed. She was absent again. The girl of my dreams, L/N Y/N, whom I've been classmates with since elementary, who never missed a single day at school, was absent.

You don't know her? Well then, let me tell you about her.

She's beautiful, very beautiful, with silky H/C hair paired with sparkling E/C orbs, smooth S/C skin and... Has a talent for soccer.

The only problem with her is that she doesn't smile. Never have I ever seen her do such. She always just sat there, staring outside the window, her lips always remained in a straight line.

I found myself staring at her chair for so long that I never even noticed that the teacher dismissed the class. "Hey, Tenma, what's wrong? You look down." I looked at the source of the voice and saw Aoi, my best friend. She was always around me no matter where I went outside the house, she would get overprotective whenever she saw some bullies nearby. She's just like a mother. As I forced myself to smile, I answered her with a simple, "It's nothing." As cliché as it sounds, she bought it.

She hummed as a reply before nodding her head. "Well, are you coming or what?" I merely shook my head as a reply. "Sorry, I think I need some time alone."

"Are you sure?" I nodded. "Okay, we'll be at the lunch room if you want to join us." She spoke before she left, leaving me in the comfort of the lonely room where I would sometimes join Y/N to eat. Time went by quickly. It was soon dismissal and most of the students went home, while some remained for club activities. There was no practice today, according to what the Coach told us at least.

No complaints from me, that just means I get to visit Y/N at her house. Aoi was there in front of the school gates and as soon as she saw me, she waved her arm at me as she called my name. "Tenma, can you please tell me where I can find L/N's house?" I looked in between her arms and saw a few papers.

"Oh, are you going to bring those to her? Let me do it for you, I was just about to visit her." Sighing, she agreed and handed me the papers. "Make sure nothing happens to the papers okay?" I nodded my head before I bid her goodbye and ran off. I couldn't find Shinsuke anywhere, and apart from me, Shinsuke also knew where to find Y/N's house.

I nearly tripped when I was close to Y/N's house, but fortunately, I didn't. And so, I stood in front of the familiar gate as I hastily rung the doorbell.

Hearing the door open and close, I could sense that it was Y/N's mother. As she saw me, her face brightened with a smile. "Ah, Tenma-kun, are you here to visit Y/N?" She asked me as she opened the gate, allowing me to enter the vicinity of their house. "Yes Mrs. L/N, I hope you don't mind."

"Oh no, it's not a problem. Actually, I'm glad you're here. You see, I'm supposed to go and pick Y/S up from his/her school, and no one will be home to take care of my girl while I'm gone." I smiled at her. As we entered the house, I could smell freshly baked bread. Y/N's mom owns a bakery while her dad is on a business trip overseas.

"Here, take this bread up to Y/N, she'll need it." The woman handed me a loaf of bread that was wrapped in a tissue paper. "Okay." I went upstairs, and as my feet gently padded against the wooden flooring, I could hear the loud sneezes coming from Y/N's room.

Who knew that just standing in front of your crush's door could be so nerve-wrecking? Well, I definitely know the feeling. I brought my fist up to gently knock agaist the door. As I waited for a few moments, I could hear the light "come in" I expected. When I opened the door, I was welcomed with the sight of a sick girl whose nose is as red as Rudolf's, skin, white as snow and a face that was burning up.

I approached her bed and placed the loaf of bread and the papers for her homework on her bedside table. "Hey, how are you feeling?" I asked her. "Hey..." Her reply was shortly cut off by a cough and a sneeze. "I'm fine... Why are... You here...?" Her words were slurred and it was as if I was talking to a drunk person instead of a friend.

"I'm here to both take care of you, and to give you the school work Aoi was supposed to give to you." I could hear her laugh a bit. "Well, thanks for spending the time to babysit this sick, drunken woman." I laughed. "Nice one Y/N." I soon found myself staring at her as she laughed, a smile was found in her face.

A smile.

"You know... Tenma, just... being with you... Makes me want to... Smile..." She said tiredly. I gave her a gentle smile as she returned it with a smile of her own. "You should rest now Y/N, you still have a long day ahead of you tomorow." She smiled before her hand slowly reached mine.

I looked down and saw her gently clutching my hand, I gave her hand a light squeeze. "Please, stay here until I fall asleep?" I nodded. She smiled before she slowly closed her eyes and fell into deep slumber, her hand slowly slipped off my grasp as I placed her hand beside her.

I stood up and kissed her forehead before I made the decision to stay there until her mom come back.

‿︵‿︵ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ・❉・ ʚ˚̣̣̣͙ɞ‿︵‿︵

✎ ...𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄
          stay safe and happy besties!! i love
          you~♡ keep vibing and thriving my
          beautiful besties

𝐏𝐔𝐁𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 ;;
04 / 13 / 18